Linux version of Blocs or alternative

Hi,

my mac Mini late 2014 with limited 4 GB RAM and Monterey is slow as a snail so I get forced to move to a PC. After removing Windows 11 which was a time waster, I installed Linux with Ubuntu 22.04.

Now I’d like to get back on track with web editing and be productive with a software like Blocs.

Has any of you an idea for having Blocs or similar featured software running on Linux?

Please note that I want to get a native Linux app, not using a VM with Mac OS and then Blocs run in: Apple don’t like to get his OS virtualized for obvious reason and I want reliability: I’m more a writer than a tinkerer and I need stability.

Please note that I’ll re-use my exported website made with Blocs with this tool.

Your help is highly welcomed and appreciated.

Regards and thanks for your insights.

I found https://bootstrapstudio.io/
have contacted there team to see if I can import my blocs projects in.

Bootstrapstudio use their own file format. You won’t be able to import your Blocs Project file. However, BS provides a way to import live websites, made with the Bootstrap Framework. That might at least be an option to get started.

1 Like

So you will not be able to drag and drop index, css and js onto the Bootstrap Studio canvas?

No. Only import from a live website works. And the result varies quite a bit. I never got it to work usefully for me. Others have reported quite the contrary though.

You can import HTML, CSS and JS without issues. Are you mixing it up with the open url feature of PG?

1 Like

Dang. Yes, looks like it.

1 Like

I doubt it regarding Blocs. :wink:

Yep, it came in ver 6.3.0 of BSS, see their docs for those interested regarding said importing.

It works excellent too, you can do the same with PG as well.

I’m taking a shot, that it’s you on the other respective forums using *_User

I imported my exported site but the rendering is not good. It’s a bootstrap issue so I’ll contact them.

Thanks all for the info given.