Need Tutorials on How to ADD Video content in a variety of methods to website

Can anyone point me the Tutorials ON working with Video?
I’d be so grateful.

I have SEARCHED the Forum, Youtube Channel, curriculum PDF, I even purchased Blocs 4 and the Blocs 4 course…and nowhere do I find HOW TO WORK with Video Content.

I have accomplished the most basic video insert, however, I want more control, more features.

Thank you!

Are you able to list them?

Thank you, ‘InStacks’

I have been able to successfully embed a very small mp4 on my server with autoplay and loop and NO controls. This is NOT a background video.

1- Can I do the same with a youtube/vimeo video? autoplay and loop and NO controls.

2- Can I add a youtube video with controls but NOT have it bring up the ads for other videos at the end.

3- When I embed a video from my server with controls…it does not have a cover image, so it shows as a black rectangle. I thought I saw a way to add a cover image, but when I select that particular video, that feature seems to disappear.

Many Thanks!.

You need to adjust a bit of code in the div to do one above.
For two, that’s why YouTube is free.
In terms of cover image for local / remote, it’s under settings.

I am after an autoplay for Vimeo too if anyone has one?..ill try this Youtube one first to see if that works too !

Edit,

just tried this in Vimeo and the autoplay does not work.

I think we need another brilliant Bric from @PeteSharp on this !!! Need various options built in - like autoplay, loop, and when close in a modal, if this bric could stop audio too on the close of the modal, option to possibly create video playlist? maybe the bric could not just be for video - but an audio player too?..if you can get this done for Monday/Tuesday next week…this would be great !!!

1 Like

I have a bric that does just that. But it’s not ready for release and needs more work.

4 Likes

Thank you, emcee…I’ll give those tips a try. K

You can embed a vimeo video at fullscreen, autoplay and no controls. You’ll need a paid account though.

Select your video in the vimeo dashboard, turn off all features such as playbar etc, save this. Then click the url link shown above your video to the right, this will take to the next page.
Click share icon, click more options.

I hope this is of help :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to answer thoughtfully, Dave.

Kynthea

Hi @emcee
I haven’t been able to get to the screen you are showing.
see attached.
When I select the video, the ‘Settings’ tab is not clickable.
Ciao!

It looks like you are embedding your videos using a code bric, rather than the Video Bric. You might want to disable preview on the code bric (tick box right panel).

But if you use the Video Bric you get options in the right panel.

Changing the option to Local / remote will give you the options you see in the above post.

2 Likes

Yeah – @PeteSharp already said it, use the video Bric.

@PeteSharp @emcee
OK…I’m using the Video bric…which let me put a poster image, however the video does not play.

The video is hosted on the same server as the blocs files in the ‘vid’ folder.

Suggestions?

Auto play without mute is a no no these days.