New Bric: Modal Designer

Definitely not what’s intended. I’ll see if I can reproduce this and get back to you.

I’ve sent you a PM with a project file to save you some time.

Adie:

Did you ever get this working?
I was playing around with Modal Designer, I have not used the Bric because I can’t seem to get the modal to open?
Tried to set up a ink following the instructions, but I feel the instructions are vague to get a link working.

Has anyone been able to get a Modal Design from Modal Designer to open up using a button or a link?

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

Hello I have a problem with putting a button on the modal
normally I have the interaction part: click to url etc etc…
when I go to another page and come back to this part to change the interaction: IT DISAPPEARS ALWAYS
I have to create a new button and put the interaction again… and delete the old button
if I leave again this page to another one, it disappears again and again…

it reminds me tab anything and the “tab menu” which sometimes without reasons disappear, and I have to do it again :frowning:

I still think we need this video!!! I still can’t get it to work!

1 Like

Adding core Blocs brics into a custom bric is a relatively new API. And it’s definitely buggy. Some developers have added this new option to their custom bric(s) and warn you of potential issues prior to using it. The bric has great potential but, in my humble opinion has been released too early. I’ve stopped using it as it drives me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :grin:. The regular modal bric works sweetly with cadence as well.

1 Like

I guess I will have to start playing with the regular model bric and cadence again. See if I can get something working. I like what you have there Jerry.
I want to have a modal pop up when there are weather warnings…

Adie: Seems you and I are in the same boat. A Bric we can’t seem to use.

Rich the Weather Guy

Can you post some screen shots of the settings you added. Saying it’s not working doesn’t give much.

When you add a button you will be able to access its settings. As soon as you have moved away and go back to the button the setting menu is not showing up in the inspector. The only way to make changes is to delete and re-add a new button.

Kapture 2022-12-05 at 15.40.18

1 Like

Hi @Whittfield, hope you are well - not seen you much on here.

Regarding the Modal Designer I think a few people including myself would like to see a little bit of love given to this Bric as I for one still cant get it to work, I will be honest I have not spent a huge amount of time on it as I jumped on the normal Modal after but bought Modal Designer to just just save time when building but to have options to created nice ones !

I remember a video was promised - did this ever see the light of day?

This is an amazing bric! - if I can get in the front door to use it !

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Pete:

I don’t have anything to share. When the bric was first released, like Adie, I tried to use it on a sample page, to no avail. That was months ago, and I have not tried again. I no longer have that page kicking around.
If I try it again, I will record something…

Rich the Weather Guy

@Whittfield Hi Whittfield, I could toggle the modal, but couldn’t seem to close it in preview. Quite puzzled. The close (X) button is just not clickable and I couldn’t close the modal when clicking the area outside the modal. What might have gone wrong? Thanks!

I’m looking into the issues you all are having with this bric.
Thanks for your patience.

I see a couple things that do need to be addressed.

But the main thing you need to check for is that you are using the Bootstrap 5. This bric only supports Bootstrap 5. Go into project settings and select Bootstrap 5 for the Framework setting.

Like I said there are a couple of bugs that I need to squash but this should deal with the clickable close icon.

Modal Designer has been updated to version 1.1 and fixes all the issues folks were having.

Remember Modal Designer is for Bootstrap 5 only.

You can use the Extension Manager but I’m not sure it will work. I think the last version had a bug. So in that case Download from Gumroad.

(Use your email address and reset the password if you’ve never accessed it.)

3 Likes

@Whittfield

It’s true that it was slow, but it appeared in the update list. :ok_hand:

Képernyőfotó 2023-01-25 - 20.28.01

1 Like

mr whittfield, have you already finished your video? I would love to use modal designer, but unfortunately I can’t get the right installation right. could you please tell me something about it. Thanks a lot for this

I just came across this topic. I saw your post and was wondering the same thing. I can’t locate any video, but would sure like to see it.

KB/Adie:

I was playing with this Bric yesterday and with the addition of “Modal Trigger” I actually got it all to work fairly easily.
Do you guys have both the “Modal Trigger” V1.2 and the latest Modal Designer V1.1?

The Weather Guy

That is good to hear. I have the newest one.