New Toy for Bric Developers

Every time I start a new bric. I head to the docs to find the calls I want :joy: this should speed things up.

I’ve also added some new short codes in 5.0.5 beta 2, that make it possible to access the e-commerce credentials in a Blocs project.

%ecwidStoreID% = ecwid Store ID
%paddleUserID% = paddle User ID
%snipcartApiKey% = Snipcart API Key
%stripeUserID% = Stripe User ID

For security these will only be filled with meaningful data upon preview/export and the actual data will not be available to the Bric Sandbox.

However, using these its now possible to create Brics that work in conjunction with supported e-commerce platforms.

2 Likes

That’s great @Norm, these can come quite handy.

1 Like

More goodies.

I’ve just added an edge selection segmented control to the available UI in Bric Builder.

CleanShot 2023-01-20 at 14.11.49@2x

3 Likes

Just seeing this. It makes me want to remake my brics. Everything is great about this news.
I’m doing some updates so this comes at a great time.

4 Likes

I’ve added a direction seg control also :sunglasses:

CleanShot 2023-01-20 at 14.31.34@2x

3 Likes

Sorry to keep spamming this thread. I also added a breakpoint/device selector control for custom Brics.

6 Likes

Spam away. It’s the only spamming that is tolerated on this forum :+1:

5 Likes

I take it these will be in Build 3? (Edge, direction & device). I don’t see them in B2.

Yeah, it’ll most likely be the release version of 5.0.5

1 Like

The Align, Justify and Wrap would be useful.

More improvements to Bric builder coming today.

Double click any Bric Resources or Includes to quickly open them in your favourite code editor.

CleanShot 2023-01-23 at 11.08.18

6 Likes

Will this sync the updated file too I assume.

The HTML Code Input in the Bric Builder now support auto complete in build 3.

CleanShot 2023-01-23 at 11.25.06

5 Likes

As well as auto complete, the HTML code input area now has realtime preview too. :fire:

This gives developers an accurate preview of how the Bric will look when it’s placed inside a page in the Blocs design environment.

CleanShot 2023-01-23 at 12.56.36

4 Likes

It also loads *resource-paths within the HTML preview :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Added another global utility, this one will be available in the release version of both Blocs V5.0.5, V4.5.5 and the next beta of Blocs for iPad.

getRandomInt(min,max)

4 Likes

I’m trying t guage when to jump bck into this. Has this stuff made it’s way into the documentation yet?

Based on the link above extras have been added to the documentation. But it may not be documented how you are expecting. Maybe take a look. :grin:

1 Like

It would be handy to add the full Flex align, direction, justify, etc. too.

Also did the documentation get updated?