OOoooooooOOoh! Looks like something is coming soon!

Anything that helps with color choices, helps those of us who are color blind.

Rich the Weather Guy

Havenā€™t seen anything about SMTP support for forms, hopefully it will be in V5 somewhere. Iā€™m loving what Iā€™m seeing so far.

Per your recommendation on the RW4All forum @webdeersign Iā€™m in the process of learning Source in RW right now but with CSS Grid coming to Blocs V5 things could get interesting. Canā€™t wait to check it out.

Same here. Iā€™m still trying to wrap my brain around Stuartā€™s Grid Plus and Grid Plus Pro stacks and I continue to fail. Hoping itā€™s easier to work with in Blocs 5.

1 Like

Glad Iā€™m not the only oneā€¦lol. If I did this all day everyday it wouldnā€™t be an issue, but being Iā€™m a part time web designer I go dayā€™s and sometimes a week without messing with any websites, so learning and retaining what I learn is proving to be a challenge.

1 Like

Grid can take a bit to get your head around. I appreciate any UI that can tackle it well.

Just like flex though. Once you get it, you get it, and will use it all the time.

2 Likes

:smiley:

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1594985820209176576

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/blocsapp/status/1594995039125401600

5 Likes

Itā€™s almost time :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@Norm

Let the time be here quickly :smile:

1 Like

Christmas will be on 24th November this year :partying_face:

as a blocs plus v4 user, and excited about this v5: I worry tiny bit about pricing to level up
Do you have some news on this point?

thx

3 Likes

@SENEK

Iā€™d be interested in that too, especially before Christmas. :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi Norm:

As I have said before, whomever does the videos needs to get a raise.
I love themā€¦

Rich the Weather Guy

5 Likes

We will have some news on pricing tomorrow. Iā€™ll be sure to post it here once itā€™s published.

8 Likes

I am sure v5 will be worth every cent, even if @Norm charge $200 for the Professional platform.

Hey, @KBConcepts. Youā€™re in the USA where 200 bucks are pocket change. Iā€™m in Africa where 200 bucks are 2 weeksā€™ salary. We got lots of palm trees :palm_tree: over here but they do grow coconuts :coconut:, not dollars :grin:. If the price is going to be that high I will need to outsource my website building to guys like you! :innocent:

6 Likes

I hope there will be the ability to select multiple pages in the layer tree and copy and past blocs in several pages in one time

2 Likes

I can assure you that $200 isnā€™t pocket change here in the US (at least for me itā€™s not). While the average income might be more than that of many other countries, the cost of living here in the US is substantially higher especially for those of us living in the east or west coast.

Where else in the world would citizens be expected to pay at the very least $3,600/month for a tiny two bedroom apartment in the city. Most have no choice but to take on roommates. In fact, I myself being a New Yorker from birth have witnessed first hand that the majority of rental places in the city are actually occupied by folks from out town and/or foreigners that come to study in universities such as NYU (how do they get the money to pay for that?). And while itā€™s true many might consider $200 pocket change, trust me, those folks are of a different class (unless they donā€™t care about being in debt), and these classes of folks exist in every country.

The problem here is that this country has become more a nation of consumers instead of one of producers (as it used to be decades ago - sad), and the societal pressures imposed by corporations, and media outlets they buy, on the populous to buy their goods and services means that most folks in the US live beyond their means and go into series debt in order to keep up with the proverbial Jones. At the end, to the world it might seem as if the average US citizen is far better off financially than the rest of the world because of this consumption, but that is a fallacy. The truth is that, on average, taking debt out of the equation - the average US citizen is not that much better off than others in different countries.

I earning what I consider to be a decent living, and yet, considering other more critical cost of living expenses and trying to keep something aside for a rainy day, I still cannot justify getting the latest and greatest in Apple products and software. I still use a 2009 Mac Pro and So - $200 at least for me is not pocket change.

But I digress. And so while not necessarily coming to the defense of @KBConcepts over your comment since I donā€™t know where KBC is from, I think he mightā€™ve been simply implying that Blocs is such a good product that if it commanded $200, it would still be worth it. And on that note I agree, not so much so because $200 is easy to fork over.

7 Likes

Try Auckland, New Zealand. :exploding_head:

Oh well, there goes my plan to move to NZ when I retire, to escape the high cost of living here. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes