Submit Forms and PHP

I use another service provider.

I just tested all my sites and all works perfect.
I use the Blocs form only. No scripts no fancy code.
Only special is the DeSpam bric from Bill which works perfect.
Using php version 8.1 on IONOS.

1 Like

@Bootsie thanks for doing that! Were you able to test the test bloc as well? Most of my older websites work fine on IONOS, I began noticing this on new website, or updating websites. I really curious if the MailTest blocs work for you, if you have the time.

Thanks
MailTest.bloc.zip (16.3 KB)

Never mind on this issue, I have decided to go withForm Builder and chalk this up to wayyy to much I and others have spent on this problem, maybe one day I will find the answer to this problem :man_facepalming:t3:.

Thanks for the help!
Bob

Dare I suggest changing web host? If Ionos cannot help you and the results are inconsistent I’d be inclined to look elsewhere. You may even face the same problem with Form Builder.

OK I tested.
On contact page with the Blocs form bric I got the mail and a success message.
On Home page with the widget form I’ve sent a mail but no success message. Did you get the mail?

@flashman, Yes I am thinking of changing web host! However, it sounds like a lot of work changing domains, databases email SSL etc. but maybe it would be easier than I think.

Any recommendations?

A lot of hosts will offer free migration. I’ve done this in the past and it’s been seamless.

Thanks Bootsie,

On Home page with the widget form I’ve sent a mail but no success message. Did you get the mail?

No I did not get the mail. What version of PHP did you use?

A lot of hosts will offer free migration. I’ve done this in the past and it’s been seamless.

Which hosts do you like?

A2hosting, it’s based in the states, really good.

I know a lot of people have their favourites, but then they change in a year or two. I’ve been using A2hosting for 5+ years for some stuff.

I used IONOS for years and had issues all the time and each year they would add something on that I never wanted like an SEO package which I never signed up for and took me 2 months to get my money back.

I moved everything to SiteGround - they have been amazing and when I did have a problem, the customer service was the best I have ever had.

It very much depends on your requirements. For general usage the two that have been mentioned are probably OK. These days many web hosts will offer free migration and free SSL certificates.

I’ve been using IONOS for decades now (was called 1&1 in Germany before) and I never had any trouble.
Neither technally or billing problems.
That shows how different an expierence with a provider could be.