SVG Logo not showing in Chrome

You can use any vector graphic app you may have. In my example, I used Affinity Designer. Just set up a canvas 300 x 300. Fill the background with the green colour. Add the text and the standard star shaped objects, Arrange and export as SVG. In the process of export, I had all the text convert to curves to remove any font dependencies. The result is what you see. I’ve attached the SVG in a zip for you to check it out.

hotel.svg.zip (7.0 KB)

I too, am struggling with this. What remains a mystery to me is that I can place a SVG graphic anywhere else on the page and it will display fine, but if i use the same file for the logo in the Navbar it doesn’t display at all.

I took a look at the “Hotel Logo” supplied by hendon52 (thanks!). I created my logo in illustrator and when I export it and view it in a code editor, the code looks way different than the code from hendon52s logo. I’ve tried all possible combinations of settings in SVG export and nothing looks even remotely like the code from the Hotel logo.

So I’m thinking if Illustrator is the best choice for creating SVGs … ???

That said, it still doesn’t explain why a file can be displayed in a container, but not in the Navbar … ??

Hi @gary, Blocs itself is behaving inconsistent as well. I have downloaded your logo, amended it with Affinity Designer and saved as SVG. So far all good. But when I now add the logo to the nav-bar and select picture only as type it doesn’t show. But when I add it to the nav-bar and select: text + picture as type it does shows up.

I’m not seeing this issue. I’ve tried adding the logo to the image placeholder in the navbar, and it displays just fine. I’ve also added the SVG to the project settings panel and that also displays fine.

Here is the end result in both cases