Text Link to a Tab on the SAME PAGE

The use case above is possible with current Tab Anything –except for the “Next” button.

But the good news is that Tab Anything Pro has this feature and launches very soon (working on docs).

Tab Anything Pro has several new features.

• custom links from any text link or other element.
  • “previous” and “next” behavior (last tab loops back to the first) These can be links, icons or whatever.
  • Dynamically load content from other pages into tabs.
  • Material inspired style settings
  • Additional style settings (both versions)

With the new Pro version you can easily make your “Tabs” from any text link or other element on the page. This will be ideal for the situation above because the links are kinda long. The current version of Tab Anything will work fine, but this is ideal for Pro version.

Folks who already own Tab Anything will be able to upgrade to Pro version. That’s all the details I have at this time but more is coming soon.

1 Like

Thanks to the work of @PeteSharp, I am able to click a link on one page in my site which will then open another page on my site, jump to a particular tab and open/expand it. The only thing I still cannot do, however, is subsequently jump to anchored content within that same tab. Why is this important? Because sometimes you have a lot of content in a give tab and on mobile, it’s very important to jump to specific content, otherwise the person browsing the site may miss it.

Simply put, I want to click a link on one page in my site that will do all of the following:

1. Open a different page in my site (same domain).
  2. Jump to a particular tab.
  3. Open the tab.
  4. Jump to anchored content (i.e., content that has an ID).

Here’s an example link in my site that will perform steps 1~3 above (but not 4).

Click the “Popular Options” tab on that example page. Note how long the content is. I want to set an anchor ID on UPS-47 and be able to jump to that as per Step-4 above, being able to access that exact content from a different page in my site or even from the same page.

Will Tab Anything Pro, allow me to achieve my aim?

No, Tab Anything is not the solve for that use case.

I thought so.
:sob:

Looking forward! :slight_smile:

Anybody able to get Norm’s “Tab Links.bloc” example above to work in Bootstrap 5? It works fine in Bootstrap 4, but not Bootstrap 5. I’m using this in a one page project to link from a nav dropdown menu item to a specific tab in a tabbed content structure.

Thanks!

@pruthe
I’m still on Bootstrap 4 because I continue to use the excellent “experimental” Bric of @PeteSharp, and the darned thing is so good there is no way I’m going to break its functionality by upgrading to BS5. It would be great if it could be fixed for BS5 compatibility, but until then I am happy to remain on BS4 to use it. Nothing is as important to me in BS5 as that important Bric!

It would also be great if the functionality could be expanded to not only jump to and open a particular tab when we click a hyperlink, but also jump to specific content WITHIN THE TAB! My goodness that would be a godsend because I have some very, very long tabbed content. Right now, I can navigate people to a tab, but I fear they get lost because they don’t know what content in the tab I am referring too, simply because the tab has so much content. Even so, being able to link to tabs is better than no links at all.

1 Like

Whats this “experimental” bric !!?..for slideshows/carousel?

@AdieJAM I’ve not received permission to distribute it, but it was announced earlier in this thread, which is why I mentioned it:

Maybe (hopefully) he will share so many more people will ask for the BS5-compatible version! :slight_smile:

It’s really, REALLY great. So great in fact that it needs to come with Blocs. Seriously, I don’t know how you folks use Tabs without it!