Volt CMS - Wishlist

Looking forward to the coming updates. Thank you Jannis!

1 Like

Hi Jannis, great job on Volt CMS. Currently building my first site with it.
As I understand it, we need to define user accounts in Blocs before exporting.

Could I place a feature request that allows for user account creation within Volt CMS?
This way I could deliver the site (including Volt CMS) to the customer with a default user/pass, to which they can either add extra users or edit the password of the default user (or even remove it).

1 Like

Already on the todo list :smiley::+1:

5 Likes

Lovely! Thanks.

1 Like

Could the input field ā€œcategoryā€ in the blog be made a dropdown field?
The admin could define the entries and the editor can only use the predefined values.

1 Like

Actually a good idea. I will check what can be done, should be possible.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t tried the e-commerce option yet in 4.1 but it sure would be good if that could be incorporated with Volt, so that clients could change their own products.

A small point I thought about the other day is that it would be good if there were basic animation effects enabled somehow in the tool palette, so you could maybe select an H3 tag and have it fade in slowly. Perhaps there is someway to enable that with a custom class. Iā€™ll have to look at this.

The function that would allow the user, not the developer, to write a blog, upload pictures, video or files with a login and password to have access to do that. :slight_smile:

Please clarify. Thats currently already possible.

Iā€™ll do my best to describe what I mean. I develop a page, letā€™s just call it blog. On that page it could be log into, as long as someone had the user name and password. Not sure how many users there might be but letā€™s just say three for now. Each one having their own login.
Once login they would have the ability to write a blog. Like say a title and paragraph with links.
They would also able to upload pictures, video links, PDFs or some other file to that same blog.
Once they log out. Anyone visiting that site would be able to read their blog.

Thatā€™s already possible now.

Wow, I did not know that both Volt CMS allow that user to have that access.
Okay for us newbies that really arenā€™t familiar with your product. Do you have any video tutorials explaining how done, both making the login and the editable blog?
That would be really cool to go through and learn how to put this program to use. :slight_smile:

Still waiting that @Eldar creates a video for the blog functionality too :wink:

2 Likes

Great Iā€™ll check this out. Thank you for such a quick response.

1 Like

@Jannis Maybe I didnā€™t find the way to do it, but the ability to create subfolders in the media folder to organize images would be a real plus.

2 Likes

No such thing at this moment. Though that sounds like a good idea.

Hi there. I bump up this topic since I didnā€™t found a wishlist for a Volt CMS 1.8 or 2.0 version :wink:

I bought Volt CMS a week ago and add some editable content to a dev website Iā€™m currently doing.

First I should say that it was a snap to install and configure Volt and it works like a charm.
Iā€™m very happy with it.

As I understand, some capabilities such as uploading PDF files already exist ? Maybe in a blog, but not in Volt Content bric. And that is my point:

Iā€™d like Volt CMS and Repository Manager to work together. I mean a button in Volt Content adding link window to upload fileā€¦ which would open Repository Managerā€¦ select filesā€¦ and voilĆ  !

Thanks to Jannis for this Bric and his very swift and helpful support.

5 Likes

An option for clients to change their password by copy paste of hex key generated locally.
Also to create and add new users.
May be reading users and passwords from .property file (in text format) which can be edited by client
For adding user or changing password in the property file. This was possible using java and jsp
I really donā€™t know if possible with .php.

Option to add a title to the Gallery.
Create new gallery at client side.
If possible upload multiple images to the gallery.

2 Likes