Why hosted assets?

I am building a site with ~300 images and wondering if I should used hosted or local assets. Is the only advantage to using hosted assets to reduce the size of the project file? I am new at this so any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

Your biggest advantage would be when re-uploading the site it would me much faster less ~300 images.

Now that is interesting Jerry. :slight_smile:

Where possible I always host assets on the server and never embed in the project file. Faster uploads, smaller project files and generally more versatile.

1 Like

As @Jerry and @Flashman already stated. I will soon publish a new custom bric helping you with managing hosted assets on your website.

7 Likes

That will be curious to see what this can do. I never really had a problem for this with Volt sites, because they are uploaded by the web browser and then visible for preview inside Blocs, so no need to upload again with the project export. The only real efficiency improvement I really thought about was bulk uploading a selection of images at the same time.

1 Like

I’ll be interested in this

Thats cool. So we/ a client could update images from the front end then?

1 Like

Not only images. All kind of documents. Think of it as a web based file manager.

5 Likes

That would be awesome!!!

Whoa, this is good news. I already use InStacks Rapidweaver stack version of this and it is awesome, definitely ranks as one of my most favorite stacks.

The beauty of hosted images is that you can easily update them without having to republish your project and the images will update on the site. Using this bric would make that a simple and efficient process.

Certainly will be buying this as soon as it is available.

Here it is: