5.0.3 keeps crashing!

Since I lost my work already twice I made sure to manually save progress every step of the way. That was yesterday. Today I forgot to make manual saves and it crashed. I went to restore from a backup but none of the manual saves are in the backup?

It seems that when it crashes it takes any saves and/or backups with it. :rage:
If this is the case then it makes no sense in doing any work as sooner or later all the work is gone.

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 10.44.00 AM

Do you have auto backup enabled in Blocs?

Also which types of tasks are causing the crashes?

Auto backup is enabled. Don’t recall the tasks.

I think the only way I can work and not loose any progress is to manually save, quit Blocs and then restart the app and continue but as you can imagine that’s quite cumbersome.

Are there any patterns you have noticed when a crash occurs?

Is this a big project file? How many pages?

I can’t start any project in 5.03. Haven’t been able to use v5 properly yet.
I can start a site in v4, save it, then open up in 5, but that’s not how it should work!

Yikes that’s obviously not right, have your sent in a bug report for this?

Regretfully I have not paid attention to when it exactly happens. I did report the first crash to Apple.

Would it make sense to switch off the auto backup since I use Time Machine for backups, since the auto save backup seems to disappear with the crash?

The Blocs file is the documents folder which with iCloud Drive resides on iCloud.

If you have an alternative backup system I see no harm. Next time it crashes send the report to us here: Reporting Bugs – Blocs – User Documents

Hi @Norm, no I haven’t.
I must admit I haven’t tried too often to use it yet - maybe only 3 or times to start up a site from scratch, but each time it seems to be the same (used it more to play with opening a duplicate of a v4 site).
Click any of the + buttons and everything stops. In one of my attempts I waited for about a minute to see if anything would happen, other times a lot less.
I’ll have another go tomorrow after my Mac has had a good nights rest and see what happens then, and send a report of needed.

1 Like

You mean when you try to add a Bloc it crashes?

Sorry, the site is currently only 6 pages with 3 hidden / not linked for now.

Yrs indeed - or just do anything to the first blank page

Norm wont see those. Best to send him the crash report so he can diagnose the cause.

1 Like

Well, it’s working as expected this morning!
Not a clue……

1 Like

Here we go again. This time stored locally and auto save disabled. Sent in crash report via the bugs link provided.

1 Like