Add custom image field to Custom Post type page

Hi

I’m trying to get my head around Custom fields in Wordpress using Blocs as the template creator. And I can’t find any references to Bloc and Wordpress in Google.

In specific how do I create a custom image field so the client can add/upload his own image to a Custom Post type page and what should I be doing within Blocs.

Any pointers to any documentation or tutorials? Or can anyone give instructions? I’ve built a basic Blog / Pages with Blocs. I’ve worked with other CMS’s like Perch CMS (not Wordpress though).

Hello

There is in Youtube in channel blocsapp

Thanks however that covers the basics. I’m heading quite a bit deeper here.

Hi, unfortunately Blocs for WordPress is very limited. There is no way to add a custom image field. But as a solution you can add a custom link field and then add the image url

Hi @Davedesigner,

You can set the featured image for that custom post, and once you set your post loop, you can set the image in your bloc or bric, to display the Wp featured image.

Another way that you can do it, is to create a customizer item type and set it to image selection, the image field will the appear in the themes’ customizer, and the user can select any image to display in that area that you created in your blocs page template.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like