Adobe Muse -- Ending Development Today 3-26-18

waiting for affinity publisher and I am out of adobe. using their apps (paying customer for 14 years) for 20 years now. and I was testing the beta versions of muse for 4 years now. their F-U attitude to us went to far this time. just found BLOCS, and love it.

3 Likes

Welcome to Blocs @michaelokraj,

Please spread your positive experience with Blocs, on the Adobe Muse forum and with other Muse users. Others may feel the same regarding switching to BlocsApp as an “Adobe Muse Replacement” if they try Blocs as a “Adobe Muse Alternative” with your endorsement as a former Muse user.

:wink: Again welcome aboard.

1 Like

I appears something within the Spark product line will be the continuation or next experiment rather, of Adobe trying to figure out web development using paying beta testers called subscribers.

They have killed off so many web related apps and approaches that obviously they still fail to have a clear direction or understanding of the web or their users. Its mind boggling really to try to comprehend their confusion and inability to have a clear direction or approach.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t worry I’m sure Adobe are still supporting GoLive for all their faithful customers who have stuck by them for so many years.

1 Like

Oh My! Adobe GoLive…I had forgotten all about that one…the first time Adobe pissed me off. How many version did you pay for?

Anyone else use this one?

Or how about when Adobe came out with the subscription create suite and they stuck there noses up to all of the non-profits using Adobe.

Casey

1 Like

go live and imageready … good times. do you all remember the COOL-GRID by golive? for my part loved golive a lot. i just remembered, there are some sites online i did with it: this is how web looked liked 2004 > http://bildungsqualitaetdeutschland.de :joy::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

i was – for the first time in my now 25 y career as a designer, using their apps for 20 years now, SHOCKED. but my 20th anniversary this year is coming to an end. I hope affinity delivers affinity publisher as solid as their “designer” and “photo” app and I am leaving the CC cult. for good.

@Blocs_User/ @Norm a discount code is def not needed. this app is even to cheap in my opinion. if you compare it to what i spend monthly on the subscription and all the muse widgets the value ≠ price of BLOCS. I pay the price with pleasure for the full version and +1.0 versions updates – but please never ever switch to a subscription mode. :star_struck::money_with_wings::moneybag:

4 Likes

Oh yes I remember it well. It was also my first learning in to the design arena. Boy has things changed.

Casey

1 Like

Let’s not forget Pagemill either.

Dreamweaver itself is in such a confounded and confused state. They really took it out to the woodshed the last so many releases. It currently does not really fit designers or developers very well and in basic terms lags in supporting various general web standards.

Blocs recently released its Developer API.

Its pretty new and still advancing, but with time you should begin seeing more and more 3rd party Brics by developers and potentially even layout Blocs in the future. So in addition to its own core advancements these 3rd party Brics, will help fill out various features moving forward. Much like “Adobe Muse Widgets” and “Rapidweaver Stacks”, etc.

Or Adobe Revel

1 Like

I did it on facebook. I wish you can bring all those developers from the muse third party team to extend blocsapp.

1 Like

i forgot bout that one. why do they have dreamweaver still going? feels like “freehand” to me, their last macromedia step child

from my experience and all those subscriptions I rather would like to keep blocs as it is. what i have witness, as every service (musethemes, qooqee, musegain, musefree etc) writes their own encapsuled scripts as widgets they are hard to combine as their variables are disturbing the others. blocs is capable of almost all things without those widgets (and I really have them all). some animation things like parallax on objects f.e. are missing. but let’s wait for blocks 3, 4, 5 … :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! “blocs is capable of almost all things without those widgets”

Casey

2 Likes

I was an early adopter (in fact beta tested Muse) from day dot, and had also adopted Adobe Edge Animate at the very beginning (should of started with Hype which I now use religiously).

I have just bought Blocs today so Im now going to get up to speed, but what a lovely app, so far so good.
I know it has been discussed but allowing to drop in Hype files would be an added bonus.

Lovely UI and learning curve is steady. Im sure with the bloc builder it can get quite technical but looks fantastic.

Im considering Musethemes venture W/O Code (Architect/Engineer) but this is app is extremely encouraging.

Many thanks

3 Likes

I think the thread turned into a Adobe therapy session.

Muse users should not to consider blocsapp as the silver bullet for web design. It does what it does very well, but has some quirks. There are bound to be things about Muse you’ll miss when moving to blocsapp.

1 Like

That can be said for every single app they consider as an alternative, it’s not specific to Blocs.

7 Likes

I moved from Muse to Blocs about 18 months ago and have never looked back. If you need help or a better understanding of Blocs then go back to one of my old posts. Search for: "The only tip a Blocs user ever needs"
Welcome to a better world!
David

10 Likes