Apple Keynote 🎃

Who’s tuning in to Apples keynote tonight?

Anyone looking to get a new Mac?

Personally, I’m interested to see the new iMacs.

2 Likes

I will be curious about it, although I will be interested in the mac mini. But only later, now it was enough to buy the new phone :smile:

1 Like

You mean this afternoon :grin:. 1pm is a much nicer time for us than the usual 5am :sleeping:

Looks like I have to wait until next year for a new iPad. Dang, my Gen 5 is freezing occasionally.

The spookylation we do have, is will Craig wear a fancy costume?

1 Like

I would only be interested in a new iMac if they come up with another 27" screen model.
I can’t go backward to smaller… :tv:

Rich the Weather Guy

2 Likes

I am sure you would have loved the Space Black 32-inch 6K XDR iMac Pro with M3 Ultra chip!
Maybe next year.

2 Likes

With the M3 I expect Rich to be doing weather modelling. :grin:

2 Likes

You mean like Yanet Garcia?

2 Likes

Funny Pete. They do show all of these technical uses for the new Macs, but since I won’t be doing any forensic biology, or genome sequencing, I guess I can pass on this crop of Macs!! :face_with_monocle:
Honestly, I utilize computer modeling through some of the weather services. You can access the models through their sites.

Rich the Weather Guy

I really regret the loss of the MacBook Pro 13" with the Touch Bar!
I find this bar so magical on my MacBook Pro M2.
And I’m dreaming of an ultra-slim MacBook with a touch keyboard that’s fully customisable and adaptable to the applications you use. A one-piece mix of iPad and Macbook.

Another lifetime ago (turn of the century) the lab I was in couldn’t afford the rather pricy genetics software, so instead we used…MS Word.

It was handy to reformat the sequencing data so we could use it with the big online databases and sequence searching tools. Admittedly sequence data was only a few thousand bases, probably quite small to what is available today!

Back to topic…The M3 updates look good, not that I’ll be buying any at the moment but good to see the iMac getting a bit of attention and some speed/spec bumps for the MacBook Pros.
Most surprising thing was that is was all shot on an iPhone Pro Max

1 Like