Assets manager - find all unused assets

I don’t really trust this feature. I have used it several times on different sites, and I always double check the list of unused assets. i have often found assets which are in use, but are listed as unused.

Here is an example of what I mean. i don’t know if this has anything to do with this, but in this particular example, the Bloc containing this asset is hidden, because it’s a mega menu:

I have encountered something similar in the past and agree it needs to be checked before simply deleting all. If you are using the latest version of Blocs I would suggest filing a bug report with as much relevant information as possible, including the project file and perhaps link to this thread.

Same here. It’s a nice feature, but should be used very carefully with manually double checking everything.

When you encounter this, where is the asset used?

As a bloc background etc? Also how is it applied? Custom class etc?

The more info you can share on this I’d be able to improve the accuracy :sunglasses:

1 Like

In this case, it’s a small png file which is used as a header in a mega menu. No custom class. But to be honest, I’ve had this before no matter where the assets are located or how they’re placed …

You can see it in action here: Schröder Wohnmöbel - Wilkommen - 100% Made in Germany
Click in the navigation on “PROGRAMM”

How is the image being added to the mega menu? With an image Bric?

correct! it’s just a little PNG image … the “Mega Menu” is in reality nothing more than a Bloc, whose initial state is hidden. Clicking on the link in the main navi shows the Bloc.

1 Like

I’ll take a look.