Auction software

Any advice for an expansion of a Blocs site of a Dutch author?
I like to have registered persons sell their books to others, and, for more expensive books, sell them in an auction. Because it is a foundation, preferably a free version.
Thanks!

Are these PDF or printed books?

Real printed books (and yes, I use Volt CMS)

Maybe https://www.ecwid.com

EBay might be your best option with about 15% commission on sales.
Alternatively, PHP Jabbers have an auction script which can be downloaded for FREE.

It looks like they have made all their scripts available for FREE. :man_running:

Problem: using Ecwid or PHP Jabbers (and other auction software) implies that the owners of the books cannot import their books themselves; so I would need a combination of a marketplace (like Fuugo, Markplaats, or Markt.de) and auction software. (like Auctionworks or BiddingOwl) Preferably within Blocs.
Did not find it yet. Hope for any experience here.

That’s incorrect. Unless you’re not willing to give them access to it.

I wouldn’t recommend PHP Jabbers anymore - their scripts don’t run on the new php versions and support has stopped - that’s why they are free.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

@Bill I saw today they are now free. I guess that explains why.

I didn’t recommend PHP Jabbers. I sugested it as an alternative for my recommendation as @wvblocs is in search of a free solution.

Well, free… of course I want developers earn money for their work, but f.i. > $ 600 a year (most programs) we cannot afford.
Probably I choose Molotok. What do you think?

I think the only way is to do a trial or give it a go, but I clicked on the demo and the link was dead so that is a worry!

Never heard of selling new books in an auction before but would be interesting to see!

I personally would just stick the books on an eBay page and let them bid there ! and if they want FREE then say you can try the PHP jabbers for now but warn them of the risks of no support and give it a go.

Good luck and please show us your results if you can!