Audio player error blocs for iPad

Small file MP3’s showing error within audio player in app, showing endless loading icon in browser (Function not working either in app or browser). I did submit bug form, haven’t heard from anyone. I should mention, the audio works initially after first selecting file from inspector dropdown, after viewing or saving however it shows an error.

Also, is there a clear cache function within this app?

Previous bugs are looking good in new version of app so far. Most importantly, the publish function is now working for me, thanks!

Just tried again and now audio seems to function as it should. Can you shed some light on this? - just wanna make sure it’s ok, I’m building a music site, audio players are critical. Thanks

Just confirming that I’m still having issues with this. Was just working some more on it and all new audio players aren’t working. Same error etc.

I got this sorted, blocs didn’t like my file names

1 Like

Can you let us know what it didn’t like. ? spaces? special characters? or too long name?

2 Likes

yeah as @AdamNotEve mentioned, it would be super helpful to know which text characters caused issues for you.

1 Like

Yes, spaces at the end of file names were an issue. I’m not sure about other things. I had capitals and hyphens in the file names which could’ve been troublesome. I changed all to one word lower case with no symbols and it works. Know that all file names need to be correct for blocs to pull files from audio dropdown without errors. If one file name is wrong it will error the entire system.

1 Like

I’m confirming further issues with this. After closing blocs and reopening the app, all audio brics show the same error, same loading icon in browser. If I delete the loaded MP3’s from inspector and then reload them there are no errors - but if I save and close the app and reopen, the errors will be back.

Perhaps this should’ve been worked out in beta testing? I feel like I’m a beta tester yet paying for the app at the same time, not awesome.

Sorry about that. I’ll take a look at this today and see if I can find the potential issue.

Are you by working solely on the iPad or do you switch between iPad and Mac when working on this project?

Quick update, I’ve found the cause of this issue.

Blocs for iPad 1.2.1 should be available in a day or so, once its passed review by Apple.

1 Like

Just iPad for me

1 Like

Thanks mate, I’ll keep an eye for it and let you know.

1 Like

This update is now available. You should find audio files remain connected in between sessions. Thanks for all of your help on the matter.

1 Like

Yes thanks, it works now. It still shows an error in the bric however, but works in live and browser. Also, my live view is not refreshing. It only refreshes when the project is first opened and then any changes will not be reflected in the live view while working. I’m needing to close the project and reopen to see changes. There seems to be a refresh button within the live view but it’s not doing anything for me.

And, the Vimeo embed code was not working on previous version, YouTube was. I’ve decided to just use YouTube so I’m not sure if Vimeo was fixed in recent update, others may care.

And, it would be nice if the canvas setting had memory. Every time I leave the app (not closing, just leaving) and come back, the canvas refreshes to default - so I’m needing change that setting every time I come back to the app, kind of a workflow bottleneck. Thanks

1 Like

Are you talking about the views and their positions? This always reverts back to the default 2 views?

I like to keep the “canvas left” as my setting, but it always defaults back to “canvas fill” when returning to the app. It also does it when switching between breakpoints. So I’m constantly having to change the setting back to canvas left. Make sense?

1 Like

Hey mate, I’m confirming that the audio bug has not been resolved for me. It basically works within the app, but in browser (safari) it throws an error on every audio player bric after trying to load for a while, audio cannot be played. Please fix!

You can see it here:

https://billmeadarts.org/drum-samples.html

1 Like

Works perfectly fine for me.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Just flicked down your page playing the odd one and they all seem fine to me

1 Like

Cleared my cache and still the same issue. I’m on ipad. It does however work on my iphone. What am I missing here?