Auto Update Copyright

Hey! I have been using Easy Copyright forever to auto-update my client’s footer copyright sections. Has worked like a dream until Blocs V 5. It Crashes blocs almost every time. Is there another way to accomplish this simple task?

I use it all the time in Blocs 5 and have never had it crash.

Can you provide more details please. That way if there is an issue I can address it. Thanks

Blocs crashes every time I try to even click on the bric to update it. It doesn’t matter if I select it in the page or in the layer tree. What is the best way to send a crash report? It won’t let me paste the whole thing here :man_shrugging:

Are you running the latest version of Blocs? 5.0.5

Yes I am. V 5.0.5

Strange. Can you send that crash report to Norm, so he can check, as it’s more likely a Blocs thing, than Easy Copyright (but you never know)

Another question, is it just that one project, or all of them? What happens if you start a new project.

It is crashing blocs in one project, and in others, it just never loads the settings panel for easy copyright. How do I send a crash report to Norm?

You can save it as a text file and DM it to him via the forum.

Do you get the same problem with a new project. Also will it let you right click on the Bric and reset all?

It seems to be the one project that it is affecting. I just got another project to work fine as well as a new project.

1 Like

I use this in a code widget.
© <?php echo date("Y"); ?>

3 Likes

Is this for WP or does Blocs understand this?

That’s basic php, your server will render it as the current year.

Bill
BricsDesign

Although Easy Copyright gives you some extra options, for very little $.

4 Likes

Getting back to the original post.

@chadgeorge I have started to have similar crashes with Blocs and other Brics since updating to stable 5.0.5.

My experience - Blocs would keep crashing until I restarted my Mac and then it was ok. I have also sent Norm some crash reports

Pete

I haver had crashes but money worth.

not sure for wp

Thanks for this!

Thanks @PeteSharp . I have tried that with some success, but it always comes back to crashing :man_shrugging:

Glad to know its not just me.

1 Like

Norm has the Bric, so hopefully the issue can be identified, and if I need to I can made modifications.

Put this in a Code widget (but add “<” at the beginning and “>” at the end): script>document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script