Background Video does not change to Static Image on Mobile

Hey everyone. Another Issue I have encountered while working on my website. I have noticed that the background video works perfectly when in desktop mode. When I it changes to mobile mode however I have noticed that the static background image of the video does not show up as you can see in the screenshots. Does anyone else have encountered this issue and knows a solution?

Thanks for the Help :slight_smile:

If you want only a static image on mobile, just use two different blocs - one for mobile, one for tablet and desktop.

I thought about that but it feels a little redundant if it is supposed to work just as is. If nothing else comes up I definitely will give it a try. Thanks.

@pauland I have tried your suggestion and must say it is a slick solution. Works really well.

1 Like

No tool does everything the way we want it to. Blocsapp gives us ways of doing things, even if weโ€™d like them to be done differrently.

What mobile device is it failing on?

I havenโ€™t tested it on a device yet. I just reduced the width of the Safary Browserwindow on my mac until it switched to mobile view.

We recommend you give BrowsePlay a try our video cdn auto plays within mobile browsers just like on desktop. Should fix your problem.

http://browseplay.com