Bloc Image Backgrounds?

Is there a reason why the background for a bloc cannot be defined with a URL?

You can do this with the image bric, but as far as I can tell you cannot do it with the background for a bloc.

Sure I’m probably missing something so I thought it best to ask, thanks!

I don’t know if I understand correctly your question, but when you press the image to choose the background:

Then on the right top corner of the asset manager you have a + sign and instead of choosing “Add local Asset” you can choose “Add Hosted Asset”

And then just type in the URL to you media:

1 Like

Yes, I did try that approach and it seems to work 50% of the time, a lot of the times when I come back to a project it seems to have lost track of the hosted assets in the asset manager.

What I was talking about was that in the image class there is a way of selecting that you want to use a URL right in the inspector, that is what I would like to do as it is she much easier to see the URL.

With the Asset Manager I have not been able to figure out how you can view and edit the URL associated with the asset.

Sure I’m probably missing something.

There is a way… not very efficient but it could be efficient for you…
In the preferences from the page, you go to the code and add the following one:

<html>
<head>
<style>
body {
  background-image: url("https://images.pexels.com/photos/1020315/pexels-photo-1020315.jpeg?cs=srgb&dl=abstract-art-artistic-1020315.jpg&fm=jpg");
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-size: contain;
}
</style>
</head>
</html>

Can work for you I don’t know…

Awesome, thanks, I’ll give that a try later today!

Just realized this is not going to work for what I want to do as I don’t want the image to be the background for the entire page, just want it for a bloc on the page.