.bloc references in CSS and HTML export

Is there anyway to clean up the code to remove the .bloc references where it is just simply Bootstrap with a little bit of custom styles.css or would this just be way too much work?

I’m afraid not. You would need to do it manually.

Maybe a future feature for Blocs Plus.

3 Likes

@Norm Thank you. Out of everything I’ve tried (BSS, Pinegrow, Pingendo, Mobirise) Blocs is absolutely hands-down the most intuitive and smoothest piece of software I’ve had the pleasure to use. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Very kind of you to say. Our mission is to try and offer the power of code but also offer ease of use. It’s a real challenge but hearing comments like this reassures us we are heading in the right direction.

2 Likes

Adding my support to add this as a feature for Blocs Plus. I agree that having the option to clean up the code by removing the .bloc references would be extremely nice.

1 Like

In the meantime it’s possible by duplicating your exported project then opening the HTML, CSS & JS in a code editor to do a targeted find and replace. Some editors can do it across multiples files in a singular pass. You will know quickly if you broke something once your done. Keep in mind there are various references: bloc, blocs, etc., so the initial evaluation to get all the references that you will target is the most time consuming.

I agree though that a feature within the app would be much more practical as a global project setting. I also suggested such a “white label” feature like this privately to Norm back in late 2017. It would be beneficial to users but also from a marketing standpoint of offering “white label” export.

1 Like

Hello @Blocs_User, I don’t know what you really means with “white label”, if is a non reference to blocs only, or if a feature to add our company or name for the “white label”.
In any case if possible I would like to have all scenarios:

  • Blocs reference
  • No Blocs reference
  • Custom reference

But should exist a 4th option that i think is what @c0nsilience is referring that is not even appears the comments where the bloc starts and ends.

I think @Norm is correct regarding this is for the “Plus” version.

And as we are talking about branding, In V4 now we have a credits option to add credits for Blocs , but for a “Plus” feature as well it will be nice to have the option to change the Blocs Brand for our brand if possible.

4 Likes

Yes, you are correct regarding all.

2 Likes

I’ve been away from Blocs for some time, is this possible now with newer versions?

Yeah, every time you export your project. :upside_down_face:

Looks like a new “recipe is cooking” from a 3rd party developer for another long sought after feature, basically white label and various other aspects.

@Blocs_Brics DE-blocs https://blocs-brics.store/deblocs.html

So this may work for those still desiring this feature from blocs. Interesting!