Thanks for your patience, I know March has been and gone and there is still no new version of Blocs to try. Rest assured I have been working around the clock to get it all finished off so we can begin testing it over the next 6 weeks.
Im pretty sure it will be ready very early next week as long as I don’t encounter any further setbacks…
Anyway, this is what is 100% guaranteed so far in 2.4. There will be a few other bits added during the beta but nothing major.
The biggest new feature is support for Page Templates - YES, you can now save pages as templates, so they can be used in other projects and also exported and shared with each other. Everything is stored in the template and managed when you use it, such as assets, smart swatches, classes, google fonts, even page attachments. This feature has taken months to develop, but it’s an instant game changer for the app when you can start a fresh project from a pre-made page template or start a new page from a template.
• Re-designed sidebar controls - Complete overhaul of the sidebar, much more intuitive, and a lot less clicking to try out styles.
• Improved Carousel controls - Better controls, more clear to see which image is currently targeted.
• Upgrade app framework to use WebKit 2.0 - This upgrade has been in the works since November 2016, Blocs always used the old webkit framework to generate the design canvas, it now takes advantage of the new webkit 2.0 cocoa framework. Huge improvement on frame rate, RAM footprint and general performance. This took a huge amount of work as it required around 60% of the entire app to be re-written, I know it nearly killed me doing it but its essential as new Macs require it other wise the app runs very poorly.
• Column collapse control on tablet and mobile - Control how columns stack on tablet and mobile.
• RTL text direction support - Support for Arabic, Persian etc right to left text formatting.
• Added typography controls to logo options - You can now style the logo from the sidebar.
• New Lightbox full screen frame style - New full screen light box similar to the one used on the Blocs home page.
• Added mobile swipe support to carousels - Swipe gesture left and right now navigates the carousels in Blocs sites on mobile devices.
• Improved text edit UX - Minor experience improvements for new users.
• Improved replace Image UX - Minor experience improvements for new users.
• x6 new social media Blocs - Some new social Blocs (I’ll be adding more Blocs very soon).
OK so thats how 2.4 is shaping up, I cant wait to share it with you.
Not long now