Blocs 2.5.2 + Pulse 5.1 b1

It may be interesting for Blocs+Pulse users:

When I export my Blocs project for Pulse 5, I find some mistakes:

1. Pulse CMS admin panel does not work without “backups” folder in “content” and “branding” folder in “content/media”. These folders (backups and branding with it’s content) should be exist in Blocs export, but…
  2. <?php echo $path; ?> does not work in menu links when your header is in blocks/main. So I should delete it to get Navigation links working.
  3. Import media in Pulse does not work until I put Pulse .htaccess file in content and template folders (there is not .htaccess files in Blocs export)
  4. Pulse editing does not work with Blocs type of layout.php file, I should change it to start Pulse editing. And if you don’t want to see Pulse menu upon your project you should change it too.

Interesting, I’ll take a look at fixing these up.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m using Blocs 2.5.2 and PulseCMS 5.1beta to build my website: Blog - whats new?. I have adapted the Flowers template from Eldar Gezalov to build my website and it works perfectly inside Blocs using toggle mode but when I export my project as “pulse 5” or as “export project” I get the same result (you can see it in my website). As you can see, the main webpage looks good but the fade-out effect between blocks is lost and the webpage is not seen well. Do you know how I could solve it?.

On the other hand I have the same problem as Polusa with “<? Php echo $ path; ?>” in the navigation menu links. Also I have the same error in the link to several images that I have added to the main page. The images are not shown because the link is wrong due to the addition of this code “<? Php echo $ path;?>”.

Could you help me, please?

Best regards,
Wardiam

If you have pulse set to the cms in project settings it will always export as a pulse template.

1 Like

I’m really interested in this thread, as I’ve been “wrestling” with the Blocs 2.5.2 / Pulse CMS integration for nearly two weeks now. On advice from @pulsecms earlier this week I downloaded the 5.1b, but even this doesn’t seem to work for me.

Over the past couple of days Tim Plumb - a 3rd Party Developer for Pulse CMS - has been taking a look under the hood at my site. His opinion is Blocs seems to be generating code for a Pulse4 theme even though I’m exporting as a Pulse5 theme.

You can see our correspondence on the Pulse CMS forum.

I so want this solution to work, but really can’t invest any more time trying different options. Crafting a site with Blocs in a couple of days, then spending a couple of weeks trying to get it to integrate with Pulse CMS is simply a non-starter for me.

What’s clear from this thread, and their blog, is that @wardiam has managed to get the two products to work together. My question is how?

There needs to be a little more support help. One person can’t do it all. Not for long. I agree.

Time is money. I can’t spend hours and days either trying to get an answer on how to do what should be simple. Or worse getting bad/wrong advice.

Maybe another freelance person who knows Blocs inside and out could be enlisted to help out.

Have you sent in any support tickets to support regarding this? Because I haven’t seen one. I literally clicked on this post by chance so am now aware there are still problems with Pulse.

I rarely have time to read every post on the forum so for anyone who wants my attention my advice is, open Blocs (bottom left side of the start up window), click the support link. That message comes direct to me.

3 Likes

I agree, but support requests should come via the app, the forum is a place to get help from the community. I pipe up from time to time but I don’t read every post.

Some stuff just gets missed because it’s not actually reported properly.

1 Like

Btw what is the main issue you are having missing images?

Hi. Haven’t noticed the Support Link on the start-up screen. Apologies for that. I thought this forum was where Bloc users went for help and support. My fault entirely.

Briefly, yes missing images, but also the .htaccess file doesn’t seem to be appending the links either.

Look at derekdigital.com to see what I get when I apply my site to Pulse CMS, and derekdigital.com/cushycms to see what the site should actually look like.

Me too…at least for simple things. I guess somethings are turning out to not be so simple.:slight_smile:

It’s fine, don’t worry. I’m just making it clear for anyone who reads this thread or gets frustrated with a forum posts lack of response. The forum is a place to get advice and help from the community. When that doesn’t work, go direct via in app support that goes directly to me and I’ll do my best to get it fixed up ASAP.

I think the images may also be somthing to do with htaccess. I’ll go through the thread over at pulse forum and get back to you early next week :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice re: support vs the forum. Will follow those guidelines - if I ever need to - in the future.

If it’s of any assistance, Tim Plumb, who was helping me via my Pulse CMS forum thread on this issue wrote “Was this Blocs site ever set up for Pulse 4 by any chance? I can see the templates Blocs has output are in the older Pulse 4 format (that uses PHP to define the site path). When you exported the site did you export it using the Pulse 5 option?”

Obviously I confirmed to him that I had exported as a Pulse CMS 5 theme.

No rush to come back to me. I’m very appreciative of you taking the time to look at this for us. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Good news I’ve got this all fixed up. The fix will be included in tomorrows beta (build 6).

You should just need to export to Pulse 5 and images, videos will all load and page links will work again.

5 Likes

Smashing-dashing :+1:

Thanks @Norm for fixing this. It’s much appreciated.

2 Likes

No worries, I just wish I’d known a little earlier as I could have saved you some time.

1 Like

The Blocs Beta 2.6.0 – that @Norm launched this afternoon – is a lot better at exporting a Pulse CMS 5 theme. The page structure and links are all there, page swiper works and the blog module appears. However some of the images are still missing, specifically the images that have been added into the content of Brics. Images that have been placed in the background all seem to work.

I wonder if this could be because images from Blocs are put into the Pulse CMS / Template / img folder and I know that images that I’ve changed to the standard Pulse CMS default pages are stored in the Content / Media folder?

Something else that doesn’t work are links from secondary menus.

Thoughts?

Are the images img tags loaded into pulse blocks? I’ll test for this it may still require work.

Also what are the urls for the missing images? Do they start with /template ???

I’ve double-checked and each img has been wrapped in a Pulse CMS tag. Is this correct?

Also I added a note about links from secondary menus not working to my previous note too. Sorry.

No. Links that are missing are derekdigital.com/design.html/#photography-bloc and derekdigital.com/design.html/#typography-bloc