Blocs 2022 - What would you like to see added next?

That’s great:)

Remove font awesome icons and replace with bootstrap icons

2 Likes

The possibility to block youtube until the consent has been given. Or does Any Video the trick, Pete? @PeteSharp

2 Likes

:point_up: Great idea

For us graphic tablet users, the ability to scroll down the right panel for the options hidden below the window of certain brics. I’ve tried every key combination I can think of and no luck.

Oh, and the colour picker! It needs to be more ‘stable’.

Hi @wolfganghofer

Any Video only loads the embed when the user interacts with the poster. In fact it creates the html node on the fly. So there is no connection to YouTube until then.

Does that work for you?

Thanks for your reply. I‘m not sure if this is enough. I’m afraid it will have to be solved like on the following website:

I see. So you need a way of disabling everything if someone says no.

You could, with JavaScript, strip parts of Any Video to make it inactive based on the what ever flag you’re using for the user response.

Maybe even a more elegant way where the posters remain, but when selected the modal tells them it needs to permission to play and they can change their agreement to a yes or move on.

It’s also because YouTube loads Google Fonts, which in the EU requires the user’s consent.

But perhaps it is sufficient that Any Video doesn’t connect to Google server unless the poster is clicked (if I understand correctly).

I could write a note on the poster.

„Attention! Danger! If you click here you will be connected to the Google server and then you will be sucked through the pipe.“

Or something like that.

2 Likes

Having more than one project open at the same time would be very useful. I’m a totally novice, so I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable close a project file for experimental work on other new file without disrupt all.

Plus, a chat or fast Messenger tool.

Mauro

2 Likes

I would like the abillity to put a Bric inside a Bric. In addition, a new Bric which would be blank and function as a Container for other Brics.

With such an abillity you would then be able to build your own CSS Grid layouts without having to access any Bootstrap functions.

5 Likes

The developer API already has this, but unfortunately it still needs a lot of work, which I’ll be giving it in 2023.

4 Likes

I am new to web development and i feel really at home with blocs right now, but i‘m sure that i support any of the ideas in the comments. Keep going Blocs!!

1 Like

I would like a small upgrade on the mail form: an option to send a copy of the form with an additional text to the sender. So they receive a mail with their message and a (custom) message from the website. I know this can be done on the server, but with different forms on a website it will ben a complicated task.

1 Like

Open multiple projects at the same time. Since blocs 3 I am asking for this

1 Like

Very good idea - would be better without WA because of data protection problems in Germany, No idea how it is allowed in other countries. “Signal” maybe…WA is not intended to be used in real business operations.