Blocs 3.2.3 Beta Build 4

Folks here is Blocs 3.2.3 beta build 4, lots more fixes and a few minor improvements in this build. Im hoping it will go live early next week so give it a kick about over the weekend.

Have a great weekend :+1:

Blocs 3.2.3 Beta Build 4

13 Likes

I just noticed this little gem hidden in the notes “Added export option for replacing older exported versions, you now have a option of updating everything or only files that have changed.”

This opens the door to synched uploads using an FTP client. My only hesitation is whether it deletes whatever is no longer needed in the existing export folder to avoid having a cluttered server. Examples would be switching page type from html to php, images that have been deleted from the project or indeed fonts.

2 Likes

How to find this option by exporting project? Under export dialog i can not find this option.

“Added export option for replacing older exported versions, you now have a option of updating everything or only files that have changed.”

The option only shows when you export to a location that already exists.

Basically you can choose whether the entire directory is refreshed or just the newly generated Blocs export files, it was @JDW idea.

5 Likes

Found :smiley: Thanks

1 Like

Do a Quick Export to your Desktop. Repeat and choose to “replace” and you will then see this dialog:

This is great because previously when you merely renamed a page in Blocs, and then did a Quick Export to the same folder name, you would end up with an HTML page with the new name AND the old HTML page name would be in that folder too, never deleted! This new feature allows you to avoid all that by clicking the “Yes, replace all” button.

Thank you for your kindness @Norm in implementing this useful feature!

5 Likes

No problem, thanks for putting forward the idea :pray:

4 Likes

OK I’m looking forward to trying this now. My only hesitation came from knowing how Rapidweaver often makes a pigs ear of it, failing to export or clean up vital components unless you do the whole lot every time.

Hi Norm, any chance you can add more tools to the ‘Para Bric’ :pray: , I’d love to see Bullet & Number List adding, would make life so much easier when setting T&Cs etc. Keep up the good work, totally in love with Blocsapp :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I’m having a problem after playing with a contact form bric and quitting the project without saving. Now when I open Blocs it is not showing me the splash window with the projects. I ended up having to force quit. If I open 3.2.2 the projects window is visible.

Following a computer restart 3.2.3b4 was OK.

Hmmm :thinking:

Let me know if it happens again.