Blocs 3.4.3 Beta Build 1

Hey everyone,

Here is Blocs V3.4.3 beta build 1, this release is again focused on stability, with various fixes and improvements made to areas that are problematic for some users.

Important!
The save function has had some work in this release to make it more robust, so please use backups at this early beta stage. It’s been pretty solid with in house testing but it’s a beta so be prepared.

Hype Support
I’ve made some improvements that make working with Hype animations a lot more streamlined. I’ve prepared some documentation for those interested in using Hype and Blocs together.

Please note the Hype realtime timeline previewing requires Hype 4.0.3 which is not out until next week, so you can’t test the realtime previewing yet of open Hype documents in Blocs, but you can embed normal exported Hype animations for now.

Anyway, Have Fun.

Download Blocs 3.4.3 Beta Build 1

5 Likes

Man, I wished I had brought Hype on the Black Friday sale. :rofl: almost did.

1 Like

The live Hype canvas previewing is pretty awesome. It really makes building custom animations for Blocs sites a lot more streamlined.

2 Likes

Purchased Hype 4. I figure that if I can learn it to a good level and incorporate it in my sites with Blocs it gives me another point of separation from the local competition. If it starts to be useful I’ll go for the pro version.

5 Likes

You can still pick up the basic version for Hype for $10 rather than $49 on https://bundlehunt.com/

5 Likes

Maybe a deal in the future with Hype for Blocs users :thinking::grin::sunglasses:

Yeah that’s my thinking too.

I bought Hype version 1 and it wasn’t very good back then. As expected with such a young app. Looking forward to getting back into it.

I bought versions 2 and 3 of Hype without ever using them, but I figure it’s worth exploring if it becomes easier to incorporate in Blocs. For $10 I’ll take a punt and just have to make some time for it, alongside everything else.

3 Likes

@Flashman Do you know if that version brought through bundle hunt is the standard version? eg. It qualifies for an upgrade to Pro at a later date? I have brought it though. $15 NZD is a no-brainer :wink: thanks for sharing.

1 Like

@Norm Thank you ! ^^

1 Like

It just says Hype 4.0.2 that normally sells for $49. I can see an option to upgrade through the app.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find the Hype preview or hype embed brics mentioned in the documentation. Do we have to wait until Hype ships 4.0.3?

It seems indeed.

MDS

1 Like

Folks there is a few bugs with the Hype Embed Bric, I’ll have a new version out later today and possibly Blocs 3.4.3 beta build 2 with more improvements :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for making Hype easy to implement in Blocs, it gave me many headaches at the time, and I’m very happy to see it becoming so easy!
I’m testing now the beta1 and I’m following all the instructions you wrote down but it’s not working for me!
(example, I have 3 hype projects but I can’t see the drop down menu as stated in the instructions)
I’ll wait for beta 2 to come out

Hey Gianni,

Ive just updated the Docs, they Required 3.4.3 Beta build 2 and the Hype embed Bric 1.0.1 both coming in a few hours.

3 Likes