Blocs 4.1 Beta Build 1

@Norm this looks right up our street as an Ecwid user; thanks mate!!

I’ll try the beta in the next couple of days but may I ask if the blocs implementation removes much of the Ecwid slow loading code and if there’s any ‘view basket’ functionality?

Keep up the great work buddy; we all appreciate it :+1:

4 Likes

It uses the code Ecwid provides to tap into their API. It also loads the basket system.

On my tests it was pretty fast, this may be because Blocs only creates the buy buttons and doesn’t request product images etc until you add to cart. So page speed shouldn’t be too badly effected.

1 Like

I am near the end of a website, so figured I would try the option to remove all unused project assets. It seems to include all the default assets as well and I wondered if that was intended.

Good fine I’ll add those to the safe list so they don’t show.

1 Like

Oh, are the default assets back? :slight_smile:

What’s the difference between “default” assets and “used” assets?

If they are the same, then perhaps we should call them “used” assets so as to keep the terminology consistent.

“Used” is the opposite of “Unused”, but “Default” is somewhat of a mystery word without further explanation.

I think he means the images that were included in Blocs. No mystery really. The image clearly shows them.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I did not take time to scrutinize that image before because I viewed it on my phone and didn’t pinch to zoom. :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

Afraid not, but they are there for projects started in V3