Blocs 5.0.6 release needs some work

Started a new project and boy did notice so many things that weren’t right.
Examples:
What is on screen in Bloc is soooo different in preview or in the Browser.
I changed the background color of a Bloc and nothing changes on the screen.
Global changing of Fonts (local) is not doing anything.
I decided to change individual fonts, like links, again no change, but in preview it works.

Has anyone else seen some strange things in this release?
Let’s start a list.

Blocs 5.0.6 was tested publicly for a number of weeks and I’m pretty sure none of these issues came up.

I would first suggest a fresh install, as MacOS can occasionally go a bit iffy with permissions when using the in-app update.

Also Blocs 5.0.7 beta is now being testing so I would recommend getting involved in helping to test if you can.

Let us know if a reinstall fixes your issues KB.

Rich the Weather Guy

Just to be clear, are you saying installing the dmg is not a fresh install?

If you mean removing all Blocs, I am afraid of losing all my purchased assets and custom blocs, brics, ect. It’s an issue that has come up to many times.

Fresh install using DMG file not in-app update.

You won’t need to un-install anything.

Just download Blocs V5 expand the DMG drag the app onto the application folder in the DMG window.

Also make sure you don’t have wireframe mode enabled.

Okay, good News after making a backup of the Blocs library I decided to remove v5.0.6. release. Now Blocs is showing the correct view of the screen. Thanks, Norm for your help.

On a different subject, I think there is a problem with setting a broader for Nav Links. When I chose solid, for some reason I get a double line.

Looks like you have the .nav-link class on both the li and a elements. It should only be on the a

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 11.19.38 AM

Thank you, Pete. I think blocsforum is having issues right now. I cannot see your image.
I noticed the previews are not being shown in other users post. Not to mention the Blocs logo does the show up.
I think this may have something to do with it. https://blocsforum.discoursehosting.net/

Yes, that’s the cause. It seems to happen every now and then, it’s outside a Norms control.

I find when it’s going to discourse, that using private browsing resolves it on my phone :joy:

Preview for php pages doesn’t work. (All good in 5.0.7-b1)
Extension manager still needs minutes checking for updates. Never was this way, and yes I have many brics, I always had and it always took just a couple of seconds.
When finally the DeSpam updates shows up the manager says it’s the same I already intalled.
Installing it anyway the manager shows the right number 1.1.1. After closing Blocs anf start again the manager again shows an update and the whole story starts again … and again … etc.
Also the same in 5.0.7-b1.

1 Like