Blocs 5+ runs , at least here, also on macOS Mojave (10.14)

i was curious and installed Blocs5 Plus on macOS Mojave (10.14). So I dragged the program into the Applications folder. The initial installation with all the migration issues went through. No message or anything.

A medium sized project (Blocs 4.x) opened and exported without errors. Fonts, icons, images all there.

At first glance nothing to complain about…

10.14 is unofficially supported. It will run at the moment, but that may change and within the next 12 months with the next release of MacOS.

Also it is buggy in places, missing icons in the interface etc.

To clarify, we don’t support Blocs 5 on MacOS 10.14 and will not going forward.

OK, sure, of course without support. 10.14 is also a while ago. everything I have now not tried through…

But I was surprised and maybe it helps one or the other to bridge some time until the purchase of a M3…

Most of Macs, which are able to run 10.14, are able to install 10.15 also. I’ve read some Mac Pro aren’t.

yes, of course. You are right. But with Catalina (10.15) everything must be 64bit, not before. With many customers I actually still see Mojave, so you don’t need a new MS Office, or a current Adobe Suite and still escape the subscription model. Security issues are ignored.

If you have time you can also use this

I have an old 2010 Mac Pro gathering dust and it will run Mojave but nothing later unless you mess with the installer. Personally I don’t think it is worth the risk or hassle with unofficial patches. My main machine is 2018 Mac mini and even that is starting to feel stretched some of the time. I think a switch to silicon will be inevitable in the next 12 months.

I assisted with MacPostFactor and developed macOS Extractor during the Yosemite and El Capitan days. I can tell you without a doubt that your Mac will slowly turn into a Hackintosh after each release you patch. The final nail in the coffin will be your Graphics Support and Acceleration. I struggled with the Intel GMA Kexts. At that point, it may not be worth the hassle.