Blocs and MacOS Sonoma - Report Issues Here

Fix for this coming today.

1 Like

Fix for this coming too.

1 Like

Some of these options do stick but not the add Bloc and Brics as they are core functionality and can only be disabled in a session of Blocs.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks, I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

Interesting history…

The guy who wrote it didn’t own it because he worked for a college that it was used for and it became shareware.

Later he was a contestant on who wants to be a millionaire and use his winnings to buy the source code of the software he made. :laughing:

Screen shots on their website look like they were taken on OSX Leopard. Maybe we can all pitch in and get them a copy of Blocs 5, so they can update their site too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is Blocs Stable on Sonoma yet? Never saw an official post saying it was, but I haven’t seen activity here for over a month, so hoping that means it is?

I think there are a few using Sonoma now, bits and pieces still being patched when they come up.

1 Like

Hi, Blocs 4 user here, Mac Os Sonoma 14.1.1, iMac 27 5k 2020
Blocs App keeps freezing whenever I try to modify text appearance (bold / italic) in paragraphs.
Need to force close the App and loos all unsaved editing.
Any support on that?
Thanks

You will need to upgrade to Blocs v5 if you intend to use Sonoma.

Here’s how.

Hello, I am looking for definitive answer as to whether or not my version of Blocs 5.2.2 will properly run on Mac Sonoma 14.4 please?

My initial attempt to run on Sonoma was shortly after it was released, and I had the same Blocs failures that are mentioned in the thread regarding using Sonoma.

I have not seen anything related to Sonoma 14.4, so any advice or info would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Gary

There may be certain bugs or even issues associated with individual setups, but yes Blocs 5.2.2 will work with Sonoma 14.4. That’s what I am using currently.

Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.
I will try the upgrade again and see how it turns out…

thanks,
Gary

You should find Blocs runs fine on it, however watch out for the bugs in the latest release of Sonoma.

1 Like

There seems to be many bugs in this latest update, so beware!!

Rich the Weather Guy