Folks next year we will introduce the ability to create and export Wordpress Themes with Blocs.
However, there are times when WP is just overkill for smaller projects. So we are considering bringing in some help to develop our own “light weight” CMS.
I can’t stress light weight enough, if you want a fully fledge CMS (blog, multi users, page management etc) use Wordpress, Pulse CMS, Surreal export. But if you want very simply pre-defined editable areas on a page, use Blocs CMS.
Here is what we think it should do.
- Edit text content of page online.
- Edit image content of page online.
- Edit link URLs.
- Only support predefined user accounts set in Blocs.
- Sync online content changes in real-time with Blocs project files.
What it will not do.
- Allow online blogging.
- Allow online user management.
- Supporting themes, plugins etc.
- Allow online page management, add new page, delete page
The goal of Blocs CMS would be to allow users to make simple online edits, such as a contact number, page title or image, maybe some SEO values too.
Let me know your thoughts, good and bad
We are just exploring what the communities expectations are for such a product to see if it’s worth us building it.