Blocs for Mac 5.1.2 Beta Build 2

What is neeeded is font-display: swap .

Also good practice is to only use woff2 local fonts that are ideally subsetted to remove unwanted characters, to keep these files as small as possible.

Here’s a good place to get subsetted woff2 Google Fonts - google webfonts helper

I thought there was a setting inside Blocs to select the font-display mode, but couldn’t find it in a quick search.

Edit: Is there a setting in Blocs to select font-display mode? Where?

So don’t use them. Keep the contrast between text and page BG high. Accessability is very important for some.

1 Like

I’ll make sure this is included in the next release.

1 Like

Under the Typography tab in the class editor.

CleanShot 2023-08-15 at 00.46.08@2x

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t imagining it then.

Nope. I’m pretty sure most people have no idea what it is.

It’s not something I’m overly clued up on either :joy: but done some recent reading.

It never ends.

Thanks for that, and helping isolate it. I’ll push an update tomorrow. :grin: (which for me is today as it’s 1:30am :grimacing:)

1 Like

This includes Nav Plus+ ? :innocent:

1 Like

I wish. A fair bit to do there. Like tutorials and examples.

Some of us have jobs and can’t spend all day under the :palm_tree: sipping on :maté:

:joy:

2 Likes

And bother @Jannis on Sundays at 05AM with cosmetic issues of one of his fancy Brics which turned out to be a Bootstrap bug :joy:. Jannis kept telling me it must be a sun stroke :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunglasses:

1 Like

Too many :cocktail:?

Does it work again? I think I have to update the classes inside the form…

Just discovered from Page Insights that links with this bric do not have a discernible name, so Google is putting a red mark on this:

“Link text (and alternate text for images, when used as links) that is discernible, unique, and focusable improves the navigation experience for screen reader users.”

It’s basically highlighting the graphic icons in the social bric. In this case it was for LinkedIn.

Floating Labels are not working for me and the “Label” and “Placeholder” are slightly offset so it looks like a sunstroke :grin:
I suggest waiting for Bootstrap 5.3.1 as this might solve the issue.

I’ll check :+1:

1 Like

Further to this point, attempting to scroll through classes in the class window with the side bar just caused Blocs to crash and I lost a whole page of work. I generated a report after restart, so hopefully that will help to pinpoint what is going on. I’ll be sure to save more often now I have seen this.

I think a lot of the Blocs drop-down windows could be larger (or resizeable). Sometimes they’re very difficult to scroll.

Hey @Norm

After updating Offcanvas Helper, I noticed in a couple of projects that Blocs is doubling up the resources. Looks like that old bug is back.

For anyone reading this, the solution for the moment, is delete those files, right click on Offcanvas Helper - reset resources. (You only need to choose resources, Blocs will re-add the file.)

2 Likes

This may be related to the beta app naming I’ll check that.

1 Like

Stable build too

1 Like

Did you adjust the name of the file or Bric at all?