Blocs for Mac 5.1.2 Beta Build 2

Hey everyone, here is the 2nd beta of Blocs V5.1.2. This build has a bunch of bug fixes and some optimisations to improve export and preview speeds on image heavy websites.

Happy testing :beers:

Download Blocs 5.1.2 Beta 2

3 Likes

I can drag and move, but still can’t move text using keyboard shortcuts, this doesn’t seem to be my problem, how do I deal with it? How do I deal with this? v5.11-5.12b2

05.mov.zip (3.5 MB)

There is something wrong with what uses “list”, “list” structure and “tree” are out of sync, keyboard shortcuts other than “list” are normal, “list” is broken, although I can’t identify from which version.

thereafter.
I deleted all the listings in both v5.11 & v5.12b2 and it fixed it, so I feel there is a problem with the listings.

It works for me if I try it. What OS are you using?

By the way, you will get more help if you embed a video. People are less likely to download and open.

Just curious if anybody is running Sonoma with Blocs and how it is going, especially on Intel.

Presumably this is being tested, so that Blocs is ready when Sonoma is officially released. At a guess that will be little over a month. I’m not convinced by the new name. Is that a bad portent?

OS is 10.15.7
Is Catalina already out of the warranty?

macOS 10.15 which you have is the minimal requirements for Blocs 5.

Sometimes issues can be OS version specific.

1 Like

If I start typing a class name in the classes window with something like margin that might have numerous possibilities the drop down appears, however touching the right hand scrollbar closes it, rather than allowing to scroll. In practice I can only scroll through the available classes using the keyboard arrow keys.

Hey @Norm
It’s impossible to bulk delete .dark-theme classes.

Small Potato Ltd 2023-08-12 at 09.45.08

Hey @Norm. Not directly related to the latest beta but from the latest major upgrade the icon from your site-search bric has decided to move out of the search box. :grin:

2 Likes

I was wondering when the Twitter icon should be updated to X in the social bric.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching. Looks like shared links are using the x domain now.

Font Awesome 6 has the new logo.

Can we get this included @Norm

It’s been difficult to judge with such a rolling update :joy:

1 Like

Hey @Norm.

The Quicklist tool has stopped working. :flushed:

CleanShot 2023-08-13 at 15.48.39

I just tried running Google Page Insights on a recent website and it mentions “Image elements do not have explicit width and height”. The only image flagged was actually the logo in the menu navigation, so I figure that is not being applied by Blocs for some reason there.

2 Likes

I noticed that too. The width and height defined in the settings, when using an image, are not added to the code.

1 Like

It’s the first time in years I have really picked through page speed insights and although my results are generally good it is interesting what it flags.

For example, it was flagged for “Leverage the font-display CSS feature to ensure text is user-visible while webfonts are loading.” The font mentioned was actually an icon through Blocs “/fonts/ionicons.ttf?v=2.0.0” so I wondered if Blocs could automatically take care of that in the CSS.

The same icon is flagged for “Ensure text remains visible during webfont load”. Again only that icon is listed, but I guess that falls under the same category.

Isn’t that where the font-display options come in.

I’m not sure what you can do with an icon though? :man_shrugging: never thought about it :joy:

:popcorn: watching to learn some more here.

Yes I thought of that, but when it specified that icon and nothing else I figured this is something Blocs could fix automatically. The icon is a .ttf file, so deemed to be a font, though it seems a little odd for web usage.

BTW It also highlighted [aria-*] attributes do not have valid values and pointed to offcanvas-helper.

Going through the whole accessibility thing though is a minefield if you want to tick all the right boxes. It seemingly boycotts any kind of colour palette with soft or pastel tones due to lack of contrast and links that rely purely on colour are also a problem. I know it is correct to underline links, but I tend to think it is downright ugly in certain cases.

Another oddity is that Page Speed Insights also mentions jQuery for “Lists the longest tasks on the main thread, useful for identifying worst contributors to input delay.” As far as I am aware there is no jQuery in the project and it is deselected under miscellanous in the export settings. Perhaps that needs to be disabled in the minify settings as well, though it should be excluded by default.

Custom Brics are using jQuery.

Hey, @Norm.

When will Blocs be updated with the latest Bootstrap version V5.3.1?

There’s a nasty form floating bug in V5.3 which has been fixed.

1 Like