Blocs for Mac V5.1.4 Beta Build 5

Would you be able to share a copy of the Bric so I can try it at my end ?

Oui Chef! :saluting_face:. No laughing about my :coconut: :palm_tree: coding skills please :grin:

1 Like

Also how are you creating the duplicate attachments? Multiple copies of the Bric in the Page?

Well, Blocs is creating duplicates, not me :grin:

No. Not even multiple versions installed.

What code are you running when the Bric is selected? In the initialise function.

Are you using resource calls at all? .resource or .projectResource ?

No. Project sent via PM.

1 Like

Brilliant thanks. Are you developing this Bric between Macs and do you have multiple version in the Bric Builder with alternative names, or multiple copies installed with the same name?

Yes, In these cases I export the Bric and install on the other machine.

No, not one.

To be clear. The duplicating issue is not with one Bric only. It happens with all Brics developed

@Norm

Well, Iā€™ve had my head down working on new stuff & hadnā€™t published since my last update, so I didnā€™t realize php had problems on publish. It looks like the publish problems were introduced in 5.1.3 b1

1 Like

@Norm

I just tried adding a new image to the resources folder in a custom bric in 5.1.4 b5 (itā€™s not called in the bric html) and it doesnā€™t get exported to img folder. Remind me - do I need to use the ā€˜resourceā€™ api in custom-bric.js to force it to load? Thanks

Bill
BricsDesign

Norm,

The API Helper Class

hide-in-blocs-edit-mode-only

Is showing on the design canvas :grimacing:

I havenā€™t had an issue with it before.

A quick text in a new Bric with a few HTML items and it works as expected. If you can share the Brics HTML Iā€™ll take a look.

Is the resource being used in HTML or PHP?

Jerry using your Bric I donā€™t get duplicated resources.

If you use the cookie consent Bric on a page (which also uses x2 attachments) do you get duplicates of those attachments?

I do get them during development as shown in the videoā€¦

Iā€™m not developing that Bric so no.

1 Like

Do you get these duplicates them when you raise the brics version number?

No, Simply by using the ā€œreset allā€ option. To be clear, it duplicates the .js file from the project attachments to the page attachments. So it duplicates in a different location

Just ruling out setup on your Mac.

If you click the little magnifying glass for your Bric in Bric builder, itā€™ll take you to the Brics install location. Does your Brics folder have an additional suffix in the folder name e.g mybrick-1?

Nope.

1 Like

Good news, Iā€™ve finally managed to get this bug to trigger, Iā€™ll have it fixed in todays beta.

UPDATE: All fixed, Iā€™ll have the new beta out in a few hours.

7 Likes