Blocs for Mac V5.1.4 Beta Build 5

Hey everyone, here is the 5th beta of Blocs V5.1.4. More fixes and a new version of Follow Links Bric to try with the new X social branding replacing Twitter :sob:.

Happy testing and have a great weekend.

Download Blocs V5.1.4 Beta 5

p.s sorry @Bootsie, still no fix for css fixed background frame dropping, but I’m not giving up :muscle:

5 Likes

me neither :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. Just a small point, but if you type in Twitter up pops the follow links bric, however if you type in X it doesn’t. Over time people will start looking for X rather than Twitter, so maybe allow for both.

2 Likes

Team spirit! :heart_eyes: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s so difficult now with language right. Tweet was easy, it was recognisable. Post is generic, but then I guess 𝕏 is too :joy:

Hey @Norm

I just discovered that the php in my custom page lock brics are being mutated even more (I’m sure it will happen w/ any that contain php) - ie when exported, php tags are stripped out, all php scripts are being jammed together instead of leaving them as they were on separate lines and all the php scripts are wrapped in ‘bloc’ tags. I just spent all day working on a new cleanup function - should I release an update or are you going to be able to quickly eliminate the above problems?

Thanks,

Bill
BricsDesign

@Norm

Quick test, and the selector is showing all the page IDs and the Bric Builder seems to be happy with more than one ID Selector now. :smile:

Hey, @Norm.

Either I’m super blond :blonde_woman: :grin: or something changed in this beta.
“remove on export” is not working for me anymore. :thinking:

EDIT:
The Bric Builder has decided to duplicate the HTML content to the page header. AND REMOVED ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT! :thinking:

Removing this resolves the issue mentioned above.

Also, the issue with duplicating the .js file in the project settings to the page settings on resetting the Bric is still there and not picked up by the new attachments warning.

Hey @norm,

I noticed the ID Selector is now returning a value without the #, it was before you made the changes. So that will break anything using it prior :laughing:

Ask me how I know! I thought I broke something in my code. But nope. Another stop work meeting. :roll_eyes:

I’ll look at the code editor issue, did you have it open as well as Bric builder window?

Also regarding attachments, this only works for the default attachments added via the includes folder. If you use the add resources call those can’t be tracked yet.

Is this related to Blocs V5.1.4 or do you get this will older versions of Blocs?

Oh yes I may have tidied up a little too much, that’s an easy fix.

1 Like

Good question! I think no but not 100% sure.

I’m more concerned about the duplicating issue :melting_face:

Cool, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Are those added with resource call? Or are they from the includes folder?

In the meantime, at the top of your receiving function just modify the ID variable with ”#”+idVariable if you want to continue to play around with this beta.

But don’t copy and paste that code as it’s smart quotes from a phone and won’t work.

Yeah. That’s my work around.

Well I’m stuck on the beta working on this right now. I can’t for obvious reasons use the stable build :joy:

I don’t want to make a bunch of temporary “hacks” :grimacing::joy:

Includes folder.

The HTML has now decided as well to replace all content in the CSS Code editor. Halloween is early this year :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

1 Like

Seems you didn’t spoil Blocs with enough sweets :lollipop: :chocolate_bar: :candy:

1 Like

It’s now even turning the lights off :grin: