Blocs for Mac V5.2 Beta Build 4

Here is the fourth beta of Blocs V5.2.0 with more fixes and improvements.

Have fun testing :sunglasses:

Download Blocs V5.2.0 beta Build 4

3 Likes

Never ending work on making Blocs better for us. We all appreciate you’re relentless dedication.
Curious what “Expanded carousel image options” features are?

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s kind of you to say, and motivating to hear.

Using the layer tree, you can now select the images within a carousel and apply interactions to them such as links etc. You can also set multiples resolution images to each image in a carousel.

9 Likes

Code editor seems to often struggle with colour formatting. Sometime the styles are green, sometimes purple and sometimes black?

CleanShot 2023-11-07 at 19.46.49@2x

Also, Periodically the auto complete will double up when typing. I have found this for some time.

eg.

CleanShot 2023-11-07 at 19.48.59@2x

I am still unable to lock a class in the Class Manager, using an existing or new project.

It seems like on hover the lock icon appears even less often than previous?? But disappears completely when you try to hover over the lock icon.

MacOS 14.1
Mac mini M2 Pro
Blocs v5.2 b4

CleanShot 2023-11-07 at 19.56.03

I can how ever now lock/unlock a class directly in the class editor itself now… So that works great :grin:

EDIT: Not sure if it was intentional, but I like that you can skip through the style tabs in the class editor while a class is locked, if you need to quickly see something. :smiley:

1 Like

It looks like the hover tracking areas are broken, could you try making the Class manager the smallest width it supports.

Do you see improvements in the hover effects?

I’ll take a look at the code editor issues.

1 Like

Yes, that works.

2 Likes

That works when I shrink the window, nice catch. :smiley:

The only thing, I notice when you unlock, the icon hides, I would have thought that should still be visible due to the hover. But it works :wink:

CleanShot 2023-11-07 at 20.29.39

Nice to see interactions in the carousel now.

When you have the indicators selected, you seem to be able to assign a menu to the list :laughing:

The list options in the side bar, could be problematic for users, who do not understand the indicators.

I also had a crash, here is the report. I was just selecting things within the carousel.

Blocs_b4_Carousel_Crash.zip (15.1 KB)

I like that only the locked padlock stays visible when not hovering over. That way one can quickly identify the locked classes.

1 Like

I am only talking about on hover. When unlocking, the one you are hovering over should show the unlocked icon, it shouldn’t hide. You have to mouse off and on again. Just better user feedback / UX.

2 Likes

I see what you mean now, it makes sense.

1 Like

Yeah, I re-read what I wrote and probably could have put more effort into describing it. But hey its late at night here :rofl:

I just have my first cup of coffee, I should begin to wake up in a few, :joy:

1 Like

Well, since I am in your future… Tuesday was pretty good. Productive day, emails done, client work coming in, beta testing, proof of concepts built, side project worked on, errands run. Didn’t get to the sauna though, tomorrow morning, first thing :grin:

2 Likes

I hope my Tuesday is as productive as yours, but I plan to inject a mountain hike this morning before diving into work :wink:

1 Like

Showing those controls on the indicators is not intentional. Probably a side effect from the recent changes to the carousels or drag and drop. Avoid it, its a bug and will be disabled in the next beta.

1 Like

Fixed.

Fixed.

2 Likes

Hi @Norm

This beta still doesn’t fix the WP featured image issue.

This beta is still outputing:

get_the_post_thumbnail_url('thumbnail');
get_the_post_thumbnail_url('medium');

and so on…

Instead of:

get_the_post_thumbnail_url(null,'thumbnail');
get_the_post_thumbnail_url(null,'medium');

and so on…

Sure thats not part of the listed fixes. I still need to check this out and test it.

1 Like