Blocs no longer works and crash

@Norm
I had mentioned a problem with the display of my texts here : Font display problem - #9 by Pat

I still have this problem but it’s even worse now. I can’t change the text attributes (bold, italic) without Blocs freezing and I have to force quit. I have uninstalled Blocs and its extensions and reinstalled the whole thing. Nothing works and I still have the same blockages in Blocs. I tried with Blocs 5.05, Blocs 5.07, and different projects…still the same problem.
The only coincidence related to this is my upgrade to Mac OS 13.3 offered a few days ago by Apple.
Anyone have any idea?
I can’t work anymore…

Thanks.

1 Like

A short video to show you the problem on a new project.

Here’s the help.

@Norm

New project.mp4.zip (2.0 MB)

Hey, @Pat. It must be a MacOs upgrade issue as I’m having the same problem on my Intel (haven’t tried on the M1 yet).

@Norm, you might want to look into this as the CPU goes into melting mode as well. :melting_face:

I’ll take a look, it sounds like something is up with the OS for sure.

I tried on M2 with no issues.
CPU usage is also normal.
Blocs 5.1.0-b2
Ventura 13.3.

CORRECTION:
Sorry folks. It’s the same here.
I made a mistake. Sorry.

Blocs is also crashing for you on the latest version of MacOS?

Yes on Mac Os 13.3 with a M2 MacBook Pro 13"

Do you only get these crashes with text editing?

As Pat says it’s crashing and enormous CPU usage.
Tried with a new project.

Only when text formatting right?

As far as I tried it, yes.
I try a few other things so stand by …

Yes only text formatting.
To make it clear:
Ventura 13.3.
Blocs 5.1.0-b2
MacMini M2

1 Like

So far I’ve only noticed a crash when I change the text attributes. On Blocs 5.05 and Blocs 5.07.

1 Like

Just updating to the latest version of MacOS on our intel Mac. Ill get this look at today.

1 Like

That’s Correct.

1 Like

Hi everyone…
this time I read the posts well :slight_smile: so I don’t add more on others.

Yes, I confirm. yesterday before the MacOs update everything was working fine, now, after update… with fonts, bold and italic it’s a delirium. On M2 I am forced to forcibly exit the app.

1 Like

Ok I found the cause, I’ll try and get a hot fix out today.

5 Likes

Ditto.
Same here.

I wanted to thank you @Norm It’s not often that I’m able to interact so directly and effectively with the creators of the application that I use to “live” while working :slight_smile:
Thanks again

3 Likes

Fixed! Whoop Whoop :partying_face: :tada: :beers:

1 Like

@Jerry you beat me to it. Yeah pushed pushed a hot fix for this issue Blocs 5.0.8.

Blocs 5.1 will introduce the fix in tomorrows beta.

4 Likes