Blocs V4.5.2 Beta Build 3

Here is Blocs V4.5.2 beta build 3. This release includes a number of improvements and fixes. Lots more on their way.

Important Stuff About V4.5.2

Custom Blocs and Page Templates
Currently custom Blocs and Page templates exported from Blocs for Mac will not work with Blocs on the iPad. This is due to an unsupported image type (NSImage) being stored in the template data. On iPad we need UIImage. Anyway, when you export custom Blocs and Page Templates with this version, Blocs will use a data string instead of a platform specific file type.

Custom Brics
The changes for custom Brics are very minor. Some custom Brics use the *resource-path string helper to show placeholder assets within a Brics default HTML. The Hype Bric we made is one example, in that Bric we display the little Hype logo inside the Bric within the Design Canvas.

Unfortunately the path to these resources changes when you move between Mac and iPad. On iPadOS , the application support directory changes on every load for security. So to prevent broken assets in custom Brics we will now store a placeholder key for such resource paths within the file so Blocs can easily manage these path changes between Mac and iPad.

Important!
The only thing to be mindful of with this version is if you use a custom Bric and it displays a little graphic for in app only. If you save the project in this version of Blocs and open it in an older version of Blocs, the custom Bric graphic will go walkies! :scream:

However, if you open it back in the beta it should return as normal :sweat_smile:

Long story short, it’s a beta so don’t do anything mission critical in this release.

Thanks to all who are able to help test this beta build and have a great weekend! :beers:

Download Blocs 4.5.2 Beta Build 3

Don’t forget to hard reload your browser, if the beta doesn’t show!

3 Likes

Some welcome fixes and features in this beta. Thank you for your effort.

2 Likes

No worries, sorry for the delay. Lots more coming next week.

1 Like

@Norm - I installed this on my Mac Studio and MacBook Pro. On both, ClamXAV indicated that the Follow Links.bex was infected and deleted the app. :frowning:
Fred

Had to look this up.
ClamXAV keeps threats at bay and puts you firmly in charge of your Mac’s security.

Oh really infected with what? It was code signed and checked by apple as well before it was issued
here.

@Norm - sorry for the delay. ClamXAV (v3.4) states as follows:

File Name Infection Name Status
Follow Links.bex Archive.Test.Agent2-9953724-0 Deleted
Blocs-4.5.2-b3.app Archive.Test.Agent2-9953724-0 Quarantined

Fred

No details on why? It was flagged?

@Norm - unfortunately nothing else :frowning:

Fred

1 Like

Just a follow-up here. I’ve received that same infection report for 3 other apps today and reported this issue to the ClamXAV developer to investigate. I suspect it is a false positive but am unsure.
I have scanned my entire disk and it’s clean so it’s something else. I’ve also scanned the drive with a different utility to be sure.

I’m going to disable ClamXAV until this is resolved but I don’t think the Blocs app is an issue at present. I will report back when the developer responds. (They are UK-based and it is Saturday).

Fred

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Even with betas we take all steps to make sure Blocs is safe for users.

It’s code signed, notarized and run through all of apples checks.

1 Like

@Norm et all - here’s the word from the CLX developer. In short, false positive. Good to go.

Fred

"These reports are false-positives, which were generated by the Clamav community signatures offered in ClamXAV. This has since been removed from the database. Please click the “Update Malware Database” button in the toolbar which will stop the problem from happening again. If you like, you can also disable the community-provided database by going to ClamXAV’s Preferences → Advanced, and turning off the option to detect non-Mac malware. This will also speed up future scans.

You should be able to put back any files which were quarantined automatically by clicking the “Restore Item” button beside the file in the infection list. If the file is no longer showing in the infection list, you can find it by clicking “View Reports” button in the toolbar.

If there are many files you can select all items at one time, and clicking “Restore Item” will put them all back where they came from."

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: