Blocs v4 - wish list

Yeah, that sounds cooL!

1 Like

I wonder if export to PDF would be more practical?

2 Likes

Its interesting, because I guess best practise would have been all your content written up and pasted into the website. But I am sure none of us actually do that lol.

And export to PDF would be neat. Be good for clients for proofs too. Pretty sure, clients are not proofing the text on a test server. Especially when they come back a few months later and point out a few typos lol.

I’ve wanted the option to export as PDF for some time now. It would be really sweet if if could do that at different breakpoints.

4 Likes

Now this is really a cool feature for Blocs 3 on…

Neomorphism Icons

There was a post about this a while ago. You can do it yourself

1 Like

Export to.pdf
Fantastic if this could be implemented.

Norm, mentioned in that post it is coming. :grinning:

@KBConcepts I think he is referring to the style attribute support.

Set the output publish directory so when you do a Command E you don’t have to click any dialog buttons that pop up, Blocs just simply publishes all updated files to the directory.

Look what Norm share on his Twitter page.

my wish list request : more image gallery options - one below is very nice!

https://themes.getbootstrap.com/preview/?theme_id=7284

what is it?

sorry, you have to scroll to >pages > then portfolio

Isotope filtering is rather straight forward, you can do it in blocs.

Here is an example

I’ve used this one a few times.

I can just about manage to click a bloc or bric icon ! Coding beyond me,…

Yeah a file view sort of but one where I can use the new iCloud file sharing to let clients or proof readers make text adjustments directly and even better non distinctively flag areas with comments. Currently I get a text email back like: sailing page, 3rd row down, second use of “pilot”, the i and o are backwards.

It would be so much easier if they could just fix it. Without it costing £100 per person helping us out and having to hand over access to the structure and styles etc

Hi @Norm! As a new user, these are some of my thoughts on features that would help me better use Blocs:

1. FTP publishing (I use Transmit.app now) to reduce a workflow step.
  2. Native CMS support for simple blog hosting and changes. The Volt CMS looks easy to use and very promising once blogging is added to the feature set. I read Wordpress support may be in the works. I have had issues with Wordpress in the past: updating to latest WP installs, site hacking and security, so I am not very comfortable with that as a solution.
  3. adding custom icons/vectors to the library
  4. Support for MacOS versioning with blocs project files (and an autosave feature). I am very good about saving as I go and I backup my Mac hourly to both TimeMachine and an online backup service, but had a moment the other day where I would have liked to go back to an older saved version from 10-15 minutes back. I was reminded about versioning later when I used it in Pixelmator Pro to resurrect the older saved version of the photo I needed.
  5. ability to reorder the pages in the sidebar (as others have mentioned), and I will add an old iWeb feature to that request…changing navigation bar link order based on the page order in the sidebar.
  6. List view, folder tree, or smaller thumbnails for the pages in the sidebar
  7. Some basic image manipulation tools (crop, mask, resize)
  8. Export an embedded asset from within blocs. Let’s say you embedded photos/assets in a project and lost the original, but want to use it for something else. You could save it to finder directly from the assets manager vs having to export the project and then search through the export folder.
  9. Including some type of stock photo library. I’ve read the comments about Unsplash, so maybe not them, but something.
  10. eCommerce integration, specifically Square (squareup.com). Right now you can build an online store within their portal via Weebly, but it’s very limited.

Overall, I have really enjoyed working with Blocs and appreciate all your hard work on making it a very powerful platform!

Thank you!

6 Likes
  1. folders / directories
  2. Built in FTP
  3. GDPR

Folders / Directories
this is a great feature specially for multilingual site or blogs. if we can add some pages to a category or folder that will give great option to have

mysite.com/en
mysite.com/es
mysite.com/fr
mysite.com/blog
mysite.com/projects

Built in FTP

I know the developers are going to hate this idea but hear me out :stuck_out_tongue:
RapidWeaver, dreamweaver etc do provide builtin ftp which is great for updating websites
I give blocs a try because of its clear code export and does not require foundry or other 3rd party themes to start building. this is not what blocs do right now and I do not expect but if it does it can be the new permanent alternative to dreamweaver for many of us

GDPR

Blocs does provide an excellent & simple cookie notification brick. However as you know GDPR is really important for websites dealing with EU clients. if you can add RapidWeaver like feature which hold all tracking and analytics until client accept cookie

Thank you in Advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Hotel You can turn on folders simply by selecting the clean url export option. That places each page index file in a separate named folder.

RW has always had lousy FTP functionality in my experience and not just limited, but downright unreliable. I lost so much time that I eventually gave up and exported to a local folder before uploading with a separate client, much like I do now with Blocs. Some of these are even free so I really don’t see the difficulty.

A key problem I see with this is that there are so many server peculiarities and very few of us would want time dedicated to supporting users with FTP upload issues, rather than improving Blocs as a whole.

If you add the Cookie bric I believe that stops all tracking and analytics until accepted. That was my experience when I tested it using an external audit.