Blocs v4 - wish list

Can you add the code on the english version as the root page or?

Thanks!!!
What do you think about the my Hamburger suggestion?

Yes you can - just don’t add it to the other language variants. If you do, you may get looping if they get diverted to another page and subsequently choose a different language, which will annoy the heck out of your visitors!!!

That’s amazing! Thanks a lot for sharing :slight_smile:

If it’s possible to make it smaller it would be great.
I’d love to be able to use it half of it’s actual minimal size.

I will love to see GSAP fully integrated with blocs 4 :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

And what about Grammarly integration? This would be awesome as well!

thats a good one!

With the release of Safari 14 (which Apple will provide together with macOS 11 Big Sur) the Apple browser also supports the WebP graphics format for the first time. Also Serif stated on their forums that they will implement WebP export for (hopefully) version 1.9. of Affinity Photo.
So it would be great if Blocs would also support this file format in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would save a lot of weight on websites. The only difficulty I can see in the short term is that anybody running an older version of Safari won’t be able to view Webp, so for a year or two at least it would probably need the option of Webp with a Jpeg fallback.

Apple have been slow to join the party. Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

2 Likes

Another Wish!
A Cookie Banner with an opt in / out option. Its important for the European DSGVO. Only the info of cookies is not enough …

1 Like

@newblocs try blocs templates by @Eldar these templates come with a lot of free brics or blocs what ever you call it but yes it is worth it if you can learn to use blocs app.

One thing I would like is much more control out of the box for headers and footers and simpler control on the hamburger.

I will be honest - i find it quite painful having to play guess the class to make a simple colour change etc.

I LOVE blocs but the most simplest thing can take me the longest…i know its there ! but its hiding and i need to find it !!! So rewarding when I do !

2 Likes

Finding the right classes to change is not hard. You can simply use the inspector in preview to find classes associated with each element on the page.

I was lost on searching how to do all the changes to the hamburger settings, colours etc…found it in the end.

I will use your way later and see if this worked the same way for it - thanks.

Yep, there are parts of the programme that seem to expect you to know the basics (which is no bad thing, unfortunately I’m stupid) and just know where to target.
All of these classes can be found online I think, but to have a comprehensive something-or- other all in one place would be great.

While we’re on a wish list, something to rearrange page order, and folder structure, for page management, would be a good help.

2 Likes

My 3 features would be:

1. A much closer integration between Blocs and Volt CMS
  2. Open more than one Blocs document at a time, and reorder pages in Page Navigator.
  3. Be able to purge unused Styles in the Class Manager
9 Likes

Could it be possible to integrate a richer solution to put icons like this website? https://tablericons.com

SEO helper showing status & recommendations.

schema markups
an easy way to set social image which is displayed when you share page on a Facebook, twitter etc.

Hi ya,

Yeah good post - On foundation, there was a great SEO stack which had everything in and had a section when post a link from the website on facebook, it would show an image which I made specially for social media links.

How do i do this on Blocs?

1 Like