Blocs V5.0.5 Beta Build 1

Hello again!

First beta of 2023 is here, and on Friday the 13th too :pirate_flag:

Before work begins on Blocs 5.1.0 and some of the larger new features we have planned, I’ll continue to chip away at the smaller issues as well as implementing a few additional bits and bobs to improve UX, lighthouse scores and the developer API.

Have fun testing and have a great weekend!

Don’t forget to hard reload browser :eyes:

Download Blocs V5.0.5 beta Build 1

6 Likes

Ok, I figured how to do it.

I couldn’t seem to be able to click the ‘infinity’ setting…

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 17.49.52

But as soon as I switched to mobile view, I was able to. Now it’s possible to click it on desktop too.

Perhaps a v5 bug?

Which version of MacOS?

@Norm Sending you a screen shot.

This issue only seemed to appear after creating a form on a new contact page. After coming out of preview back to the canvas. The Canvas shows the home page (when still set to contact) and the page is way oversized compared to the canvas. The layer tree still reflects the proper page.

This happened to me 3 times in a row. So something going on here.

1 Like

I have just restarted work on a large project that was originally being developed in Blocs 4. The margin and padding on headers are acting really strangely with inconsistent spacing at different breakpoints and it’s not enough to click the x button to remove padding or margin. Trying to fix this with custom classes wasn’t working either, whether added, edited or removed.

I have been wrestling with this for an hour and the only way I can get this to work reliably is to remove the header completely, then add a new one. At this point it shows the bottom margin as 4 in the side panel and I can zero everything before adding a custom class to obtain consistent results. On a 115 page website with masses of text this is a painful proposition to say the least.

Would be handy to grab a copy of the file with notes to the location of the problematic headings.

OK I’ll send in the project with added details.

1 Like

I also have the same thing here. In Blocs 5.0.1 I also had this and when it occurred again in Blocs 5.0.2 I reported it as well. Have also let it be known in a bug report (with video to clarify) when it also I 5.0.3 returned every time. But then it was very busy with other problems on the forum and knew how to deal with it and don’t have such a big website like Flashman. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough with my explanation then either.

I would really really like an option to opt out of the new export folder “feature” :pray:. It’s really disruptive to my workflow and FTP saved syncs in ForkLift. I had nice folder locations setup already. Now it’s a mess and annoying when I have to open a former project thats already set up.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, what is the export to folder feature.
I’ve never seen it.

Which feature are you referring to?

I may have been vague lol

When you export it creates a folder with the project name. Im not a fan of that. It should export to the location I set.

I think he means the automatic naming of the export folder taken from the project name, so that projects are always held within a folder and cannot therefore overwrite other files by mistake. I like this a lot and it has made my workflow easier now requiring just a single main export location for all projects, but no objection if there is an opt out for those who want to work in a different way.

Yes it was a Flashman feature. I blame him. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: … every day. :crazy_face:

1 Like

OK I’ll edit my post above to say the ingenious feature :+1:

One curious advantage is that it seems to have also solved the headache of duplicate files on export to iCloud. That no longer happens.

2 Likes

Not when it messes with your presets. (cough… work flow… cough)

1 Like

Still happens for me every now and then, it did just last week.

That’s due to the time difference in NZ. You cannot blame that on Blocs.

I know it’s hard to swallow that we are ahead of the world. :grin:

<political>Except you can take our PM, you guys still looking for one?</political>

:laughing: Back to the Beta now…

1 Like

I have sent in a ticket with the project file, plus a description and a video showing the problem. It’s ticket #23642. Due to the random nature of the issue it is not exactly the same as described yesterday, however the difference is detailed in the ticket. It seems to affect text in projects migrated from Blocs 4.

1 Like