Blocs V5.0.7 Beta Build 3

Hey everyone, here is the third beta of Blocs V5.0.7. This build has a range of minor improvements across the app.

Have a great weekend :sunglasses:

Don’t forget to hard reload your browser :eyes:

Download Blocs V5.0.7 beta Build 3

4 Likes

The main question for this Friday is: Can I safely type SW in the Bric search box over the weekend? :thinking: :smiley:

2 Likes

My guess is no.

I’ll take that as a spoiler alert. :upside_down_face:. The friday afternoon/evening :beers: and :wine_glass: are tasting too good under the :coconut: :palm_tree: tonight so I’ll save the fun for tomorrow morning. :joy:

1 Like

@norm Can I clarify how the new span settings work, as I am struggling to get Grids to work correctly using spans.

My understanding is that to force a grid item to span 2 rows or columns, the text span 2 must be entered into either Start or End. That does indeed enter span 2 into the code but, not where I would expect it.

In the top example below, if I set the Grid Item 1 to have a span of 2 cols using span 2 in the End box. I see:
grid-row-end: span 2; grid-column-end: span 2;

Somehow, the row is being incorrectly set to span 2. In the second screenshot, grid Item 6 is correctly created using the same class.

Also I am not convinced that defining spans using grid-row-end or grid-column-end is correct without also being able to accept auto in the Start box. Currently auto cannot be entered.

I also see rouge span settings appearing in the code. For example in the image below, the class item5 has no span set.

I can force the grid to span correctly by adding span 1 into any blank Start End boxes where the spans are not being obeyed correctly.
Screenshot 341

This fixes the layout when previewed, but the Edit mode is drawn incorrectly.

Edit mode

Preview mode

1 Like

@Norm

I’ve been getting some reports of my just updated DeSpam not working in Blocs v5.0.6. I haven’t worked in that version yet, but just downloaded & ran V5.0.7b3 & I’m seeing export problems. It looks like NONE of the template values are being written to .js or .css files, probably .php as well. Please look into this immediately as it breaks all brics w/ templates.

Thanks, Bill
BricsDesign

I’ll take a look, I don’t have any other reports.

Have you tried using an older version of your Bric with this version of Blocs?

Hi Norm,
maybe that helps:
please go to White Eagle Jazz Band - New Orleans Music - Impressum and click on submit.
You can see some funny typos wich indicates that something isn’t right. I don’t know what’s actualy
wrong, but these little >?> shouldn’t show up. Bill knows why they do.
However, the form and the DeSpam bric are working correct.
Using Blocs 5.0.7-b3 with MacOS 13.2.1.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll take a look :raised_hands:

Thanks @Bootsie for the example site. Yes, as an example, I see where a drag start action is not applying a border color (despam_tp.js line #142), as the template value is not being written in by Blocs. This is the same thing I’m seeing in macOS 10.14.6

@Norm I haven’t tried an older version of DeSpam, as the current version (v1.1.1) was working on Blocs v5.0.5 a couple weeks ago & something has changed in the Blocs export mechanism in the last release.

Thanks for sharing the project file. I was able to identify the issue. It looks like there are some additional unused Div containers in the layout, these have a minimum height forced within Blocs so you can insert elements into them etc, in preview mode they do not.

To correct the layout, just select these empty div containers and delete them.

1 Like