Blocs V5.1.4 Beta Build 2

Hey everyone, here is the 2nd beta of Blocs V5.1.4. This release includes a range of improvements.

Happy testing and have a great weekend :beers:

Download Blocs V5.1.4 Beta 2

5 Likes

Nice. Looks like some fixes for me in there :smile: thanks Norm.

1 Like

I’m having issues with Blocs telling me the JS attachment from a custom bric is missing, despite being present as a resource in the bric builder. Also other problems with another bric that updates and shows the correct version, then reverts to the old version when Blocs restarts and wants to update again.

Edit: In the case of the missing attachment I discovered it was actually there twice, following a recent update of the bric. Removing the project attachments and the bric, then adding the bric again and restarting Blocs fixed it, but it looks like I’ll need to do this on every project.

The update mystery with other bric is baffling.

When you have a bloc with a background image set to fixed, scolling with the mouse wheel on the canvas still doesn’t work.
Very annoying.

Title says 5.1.3, might need a quick edit!

1 Like

I’m still looking into a solution for this.

1 Like

Wonderful.
Have a nice weekend. :beers:

1 Like

Hey, @Norm.

The z-index of the code editor needs some :two_hearts: :grin:

CleanShot 2023-10-08 at 00.05.08

1 Like

@Norm, URGENT!!

Issue that predates this beta, @Flashman was having issues, I got contacted by a customer and also one other have reported the version number of the bric keeps reverting to 0.0.3 which was a beta version, changed to 1.0.0 for release.

I can confirm this is happening also in this beta.

Saved as 1.0.0, Come back later it shows as 0.0.3 in the bric builder.

CleanShot 2023-10-08 at 21.03.40@2x

Extension manager shows 1.0.0

Updater shows 0.0.3 and updating to 0.0.3

I will send you a copy of the bric.

Pete

1 Like

I have tried it again, exporting 1.0.0, uploading for update.

Changed the version in Blocs to 0.0.4 to see if its working correctly, updater says 0.0.3 again :man_shrugging:

Hey, @Norm. I got 2 issues related to each other on Sonoma.

1. When deleting a form group Blocs crashes.
  2. When the internal error message pops up it’s non-responsive.

CleanShot 2023-10-08 at 14.32.03

1 Like

MacOS Senoma?

1 Like

Check your xml on your server that handles the update.

I’ll take a look at that.

1 Like

The XML is correct. I’ve triple checked it.

The version number changes on export.

I’ve tried multiple things prior to posting :grimacing:

It seems to be ok at the moment, after following your suggestions. Thanks.

Still unresolved is the cause, but I have heard back from a customer that it updated to v1.0.0 correctly.

1 Like

@PeteSharp That’s working for me as well now.

2 Likes

When attempting to export a custom Bric, if a custom bloc with an identical name exists, the system erroneously exports the custom bloc instead of the intended custom Bric. I need a :beer: :melting_face:

EDIT: It seems videos hosted on Dropbox are not playing correctly anymore on this forum with most browsers. I moved it to my own server. @Norm :thinking: