Blocs V5.1.4 Beta Build 3

Hey everyone, here is the 3rd beta of Blocs V5.1.4. To address a range of ongoing issues, I have rewritten and modernized the drag and drop functionality on the design canvas. I’m still working out the last few kinks but overall its a lot better.

More fixes coming next week

Happy testing and have a great weekend :beers:

Download Blocs V5.1.4 Beta 3

2 Likes

That little bugger is still around for me. :roll_eyes: Happy weekend all! :coconut: :palm_tree: :beers: :sunny: :desert_island:

CleanShot 2023-10-13 at 20.19.29

2 Likes

Ok I’ll have another look! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

First weekend :rofl:

I’ve found it, I’ll get this out next week.

2 Likes

Hi all + Norm,

I think I found a couple issues that seem to affect this build, as well as earlier versions.

First, I inadvertently added a PDF embedded asset to my project that had an apostrophe in its name. The PDF asset worked fine when used in a download file link, but the function to “Find All Unused Assets” seemed to now be disabled, even though I knew there were unused assets. Once I renamed the PDF asset to remove the apostrophe, then the “Find All Unused Assets” function worked correctly again.

Secondly, when setting a logo graphic in the project prefs to be a Favicon, this logo graphic will show up in the “Find All Unused Assets” list as an unused asset, which I’d think should really not be listed. This quirk caused me a couple problems in the past when trying to clean up my asset list and then updating my project.

Hope this helps anyone else with similar issues.

1 Like

Found an issue with Class Manager, which is also present on v5.1.3

On certain circumstances, the class manager replaces underscores with hyphens in the class name.

Examples:

If you create a class called: photo__img
And later edit the name to something like: photo_img, it will change the underscore to a hyphen

Additionally, change any class name to contain underscores, the class manager will change those underscores to hyphens. For example, you have a class called ‘photoimg’ and you change it to ‘photo__img’, the class name will be changed to ‘photo–img’ instead.

1 Like