Blocs V5.1 Beta Build 13-final_forreal

Hey everyone, here is the 13th beta of Blocs V5.1. This build has a few more final fixes and improvements, oh and a new custom Bric string helper function for asset URLs.

Have a nice weekend and I’ll catch up next week for the official launch :beers:

Download Blocs 5.1 Beta 13

7 Likes

Next week Blocs V5.1 Beta Build 14-absolute-last-final_never_ever_again followed by V5.1 Beta Build 15-absolute-last-final_never_ever_again_no-way

2 Likes

I can’t wait for 5.2 if we will ever get there. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

love that naming scheme @Norm :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

Trying to change colours (specifically border on a custom class). Fully reproducible as I’ve done it 3 times consistently now. Haven’t tried to repro on any other versions.

Also having issues with scrolling pages on Blocs, it’s just seems to jump down the page rather than scroll, and not sure if it’s me or not on the trackpad, but having issues with the page zooming out to 70% and then moving to the bottom or to the side, never had it before. (Although FYI I am running MacOS Sonoma B2 on a Mac Studio M2 Max so that could by why)

Shall I send you my project and steps to reproduce @Norm?

EDIT: Beta 14 incoming… :smile:

1 Like

Umm. Yeah :joy:

Don’t forget to get the crash report for Norm. Especially if it’s related to Sonoma.

If you could make a little vid and send that project I’ll try and reproduce.

I’ve just sent you the project and video via bug report form.

1 Like

@Norm

I’m trying to be calm, but after experiencing the weekend of hell w/ Blocs - I’m at the end of my rope!

I think you’d be about ready to strangle someone if the platform kept crashing underneath of you when trying to preview in browser (sent a crash log to you last night), no jquery or css/js templates included in preview or export and the stupid zoom canvas won’t save for a project.

How can a developer work on new brics & effectively debug with all this stuff happening - in short they can’t !

Bill
BricsDesign

Hey Bill I’ll take a look.

Other developers of 3rd party products for Blocs appear to be just getting on, maybe you uncovered something new, I’m not sure. Hopefully you have sent me a detailed report along with your custom Bric so this can be investigated further and not just had a little rant here on the forum. As we both know, that’s counter productive.

As I’ve mentioned before, if you intend to sell third party content to our community, it’s very important to be engaged with the betas of Blocs every step of the way, not just towards the end.

1 Like

Hi @Bill

I hope not as love your brics ! - I am sure submitting your report @Norm will sort it - but this is a beta? If I had the expertise you do on things like this I would 100% not be developing on a beta…testing yes.

Norm will update you and can’t wait to see what you have planned next!?.,any clues!!?

I took a look at your video and Im not able to reproduce this on Ventura, so I think its limited to the beta of Sonoma.

I’ll begin patching up Blocs for Sonoma in the coming betas.

1 Like