Blocs V5.1 Beta Build 2

Hey everyone, here is the second beta of Blocs V5.1.0.

This build introduces a brand new site template Eventus :sunglasses:, x8 new navigation Blocs, plus lots of other little bits and of course some bug fixes.

Have a great weekend :sunglasses: :beers:

Don’t forget to hard reload your browser :eyes:

Download Blocs V5.1.0 beta Build 2

6 Likes

Are you saying this has or some features like Eventus - Responsive Event Joomla Template Preview - ThemeForest ?

No it’s just a common name :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hark! Behold the glorious resurrection of the vanished Bloc! :tada: :partying_face:

Lo and behold, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the Bloc has returned to us once more. Its reappearance is cause for much celebration and jubilation. Rejoice, for the Bloc has returned to grace us with its presence.

Going off-topic here folks, but I’m calling it a day and hitting the sack. The sun :sunny: :sunglasses: totally owned me today, and I’m pretty sure you all noticed my rosy glow.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: See you at the other side.

2 Likes

I am keen on the idea of having a global OG image :grin:

Maybe it can be replaced on a per page optionally.

Hi @Norm

Several things that are still broken:

• api resource calls are showing resources in Project Settings > Project Attachments - those shouldn’t be in there, as resources api is only for resources attached to a specific page. (This is causing multiple files such as file.xxx & file-01.xxx to be exported) If it’s desired to attach resources to all pages then that’s what projectResource api is for.

• Export of template files are hit & miss and just have to shut down Blocs and try till the files actually get exported. Clients don’t know to do this & get frustrated w/ stuff not working.

• %pagePathLevel% is NOT being written into main page html on export. Would also like this to be written into template files as well.

• svg images in resources folder are not being exported.

Thanks,

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

Again, how should this work?

Can you share an example of this. Last I checked this worked fine.

I’ll check the svg images.

@Norm

Here’s a test bric w/ the extension changed to .zip
Notice in export %pagePathLevel% never gets written out.

PagePathTest.zip (36.7 KB)

1 Like

@Jannis

pagePathLevel is just an indication of the path from a page back to the root of the site, either './' when ‘Clean Page URLs’ is unchecked and '../' when ‘Clean Page URLs’ is checked (except for Home page which can be checked by looking at pageName)

Thus, you can use it in templates to write paths to whatever you want, regardless of what page the template is referenced into.

I know what this is, because I requested it.

I am questioning how this should work in templates.

You realise this would mean Blocs would need to generate multiple copies of the same template file with only the path template value changed in it.

So let’s say you have a JS file used on your entire site with custom URLs, that has a template page path being written in it. For this path to be correct for a ten page website, you would need x10 copies of the same JS file each being linked to every page in the site.

1 Like

I see issues with wrapping images a div using right click. I think you mentioned this earlier. It messes up the layer tree.

In this case, I was working in the footer, so global zone again.

Alt + Spacing (right panel) is still not applying to all breakpoints Norm.

@Norm

Oh, I see what your concern is when in templates. No, that’s not what %pagePathLevel% should be. This API variable should be a prepath of either './' when ‘Clean Page URLs’ is unchecked and '../' when ‘Clean Page URLs’ is checked, ie indicating the path back to root from the main page. That way, we can use that variable in any kind of template file & then complete the path however we wish.

But when you have a custom url this is no longer the case.

/my/custom-url/is/very/long/page-name

Would require more dots than you are suggesting.

So each page would potentially require custom template files depending on its url level.

@Norm

Yes I agree, IF someone is daring enough to set a custom url, then yes the prepath would be different. If someone uses ‘Path’ in Page Settings, then I propose Blocs examines that and generates the needed prepath for developers to use, thus no need for multiple template files.

The path would change on every page that’s the point here. What you write in one template file wouldn’t work in another, hence the need for multiple files.

1 Like

Also consider paths can be manipulated per page in the page settings in Blocs V5

@Norm

Yes, I see if using ‘Path’, then the pages could be at different levels. Could you generate an api variable that contains an array of pagename & subpath for each page so developers can assign the correct path from the page to root?