Blocs V5.1 Beta Build 3

Hey everyone, here is the third beta of Blocs V5.1. As well as a range of fixes, this new build introduces a basic AI Assistant (Window > AI Assistant).

API Key
The AI Assistant in Blocs is powered by ChatGPT so you will need to sign up and get an API key to use it.

Quick Commands
I’ve also added support for a layer of quick commands in the AI Assistant, which are intended for quick automation and navigation while the AI Assistant is in use.

You can get the full list of supported commands here.

To use them you typically type a single word and hit return, thats it.

Important
It’s also worth noting the AI Assistant is classed as Alpha, so this feature may not make it into the official release. Treat the feature as more a toy to mess around with for now.

Anyway have a great weekend! :beers:

Download Blocs 5.1 Beta 3

6 Likes

At a first glance, the AI integration is pretty cool. It seems to have issues with stretching the paragraph bric when creating long content but overall it does a sweet job for a first Alpha (Beta?). I’m highly disappointed though the AI has no clue who Elton John is :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

| I’m highly disappointed though the AI has no clue who Elton John is

Maybe try Reginald Dwight, LOL?

:tada: And here I was with other plans for my weekend, and now I have a new toy to play with :grin:

2 Likes

ChatGPT decided to replace my text with its reply

Just undo, I’m guna stop the negative responses being fed into the design environment at some point

1 Like

Do you want feed back for AI at this stage, obviously its early days and an Alpha.

I notice the settings keep reverting from 4 to 3.5 turbo, even though I have a plus account. MacGPT does this as well in global settings, though in that case it also produces a message saying ChatGPT 4 does not exist whenever a prompt is attempted.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think 4 is on waitlist for the API. I know I joined it.

ChatGPT plus is also not the same as ChatGPT API. The API is a pay as you go model, there is the free version. But as I understand it, your plus subscription isn’t for the API.

I have been able to use the API key on various apps without a problem. It isn’t allowing me to use version 4 though.

Exactly what I’m saying. With the API to get 4 you have to join the waitlist.

Your subscription isn’t for ChatGPT API.

Hey Norm,

Can we get further tag support in the class editor. For example ul works fine, but blocs turns ol into a class.

2 Likes

Hey Norm,

If possible can we get some more Pseudo class selectors in the class manager.

eg. :focus-visible

If not the drop down selector, support in the class name area would be great. I still find I have to manually add so much CSS at times.

1 Like

I’ve sorted his, I’ve expanded the dot(.) detection function to exclude the full list of html tags supported by html5 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice. Thank you.

1 Like