Blocs V5.1 Beta Build 6

@Norm

Running Blocs 5.1.0 b6 on macOS 10.14.6 - checked again & now ALL template values are not being written into css & js template files.

WHAT IS GOING ON ??? I HAVEN’T CHANGED ANYTHING.

Bill
BricsDesign

@Bill considering Blocs 5 supports MacOS 10.15 and above, you might need to upgrade.

I will be upgrading in the next month or so, but template variables were working in earlier v5 betas so this is quite a shock.

Buying a new Mac? What will you be getting.

I’m in the valley of decision. Waiting to see what happens with the studio. Have considered a mini, but I like the mobility of a laptop.

No, just dumping photoshop & illustrator which will allow an upgrade, once I convert over thousands of .ai files - lord have mercy on my soul

1 Like

It’s a beta, so testing is what’s going on, it’s nice of you to join in.

Last I checked nothing changed regarding template files. It may be an issue with permissions with the actual beta build as it shares access to your main installation.

I don’t think I’ve seen any other developers with this issue you mention, but there is definitely an issue with adding multiple css template files, but that has duplicate values which I’m still investigating.

It would helpful to know which beta of Blocs 5.1 did work for you.

@Norm I think it might of worked in 5.0.5 but that’s just a guess, as I don’t have it anymore.

When did you last update the Bric?

You can download older builds here:

B5

B4

B3

B2

B1

@Norm

Yeah, looking at DeSpam, as a test case, it was updated this Feb. I tried the 5.1.0b1 (oldest) you provided above & still doesn’t export correctly. I think 5.0.5b3 was in March, so I’m assuming when 5.1 betas came out, they broke on my OS :frowning: Hopefully upgrading will get things working again - once I dig through the pile I have in front of me.

Bill
BricsDesign

I’m using DeSpam on 6 projects with Blocs 5.1.0b6 and all seem to be OK.

1 Like