Blocs website - my first project

Hy friends!

I want to show you the first website I created with Blocs. This is a landing page for my friend’s printing service company (in Győr, Hungary :))

Thanks to Eldar Gezalov for the tutorial videos, Whittfield Holmes for the helping (Card Designer problem) and to the great forum community!

6 Likes

very nice, just had a quick look and looks clean and tidy - and modern - nice one !

2 Likes

Great work! Well done! Looking forward to your next projects!

2 Likes

Thank you Eldar!! :smiley:

Such great work! Thank you for sharing. Great consistency, taking the time to treat those partner logos is such a nice touch. and of course I’m super excited about your cards! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :grin:

1 Like

Beautifully designed :smile:

1 Like

Very elegant and professional looking site. Nicely done! :+1:
But I noticed when in the any of the Legal Notices pages, none of the menu item links are working. Only the logo (home) link works. You might want to check that.

1 Like

Thank you MiguelR, i fixed it! :+1:

Thank you!! :smiley:

Hello @Zoli - great website!

Can I ask something - in the section Ajánlások you have slide-ins (from right to centre) on scroll

I know how to add the animation in Blocs but one of the things I found was that the animation by default starts a little late.
So when I add a slide-in animation, or fade in, it triggers only once the element that is animated is actually already almost in the vertical centre of the screen.
I see thou on your site that your animations start much earlier, literally when they appear on the screen.
How have you achieved that?

To illustrate this, see my staging (redo of my live website) the section Safe and Scalable Software. As you see it will start to appear only once you already scrolled almost past the first section Open-source Code And Consultation.

Any suggestion how I can trigger the animation earlier, so it starts sliding in when it appears on screen?

Hello friend!

I just put a simple “scroll in” (scroll from right) on the columns [see screenshots]. If I can see you have a “scroll in” plus a “fade in” on the columns … is it possible that the column appears even slower because of this? Have you tried without a fade in?

Képernyőfotó 2021-03-18 - 19.58.06

Hmmm - that is precisely the feature I use.
Somehow thou the FX (as visible on my staging) happens kind of too late, I would like it to appear quite sooner, just like on your site.

Perhaps I did apply the FX to a other element, I am not sure if I applied to the column or its nested elements, I will have to play around with it, if you say this is a vanilla “as is” implementation then I must be doing something wrong on my end.
I will also try to do only one a time (fade and scroll separately) to see if that has an effect (LOL, FX does have effect… :roll_eyes:)

The other day I think I was wishing somewhere that there where speed and timing settings for those FXs - that would really allow us to play with it (time when it appears, speeding for how fast it slides or fades…)

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Thanks for sharing. I’m just starting to learn BLOCS and I’m seeing elements that I’d want to use to rebuild my existing sites, so this is a big help in understanding what’s possible.

Great job.

1 Like

Hello there - indeed and thanks for the hint. It was the fade-in. Even if used alone the fade-in seems to trigger only once the element is fully on-screen (which sort of makes sense because otherwise the fade effect wouldn’t really apply)
As soon I remove fade, the things start to roll-in as soon they come above the fold, and due to the <-> setting I gave of course “grow” until they are fully entered the screen. If I remove that as well, the effect is precisely as on your site, just since my containers are taller it has less of a “domino” effect, which is also expected.

'K, and thanks a lot for the hint :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is very good news! I’m glad you solved it! May you have a nice day at work! :+1:

1 Like

That looks excellent. I hope you have a “Built by Zoli” message somewhere!

1 Like