Blogging features

I’d love to see blocs implement more blogging features.
Ideas:

• A bric that can grab the title, date, and description from your latest post(s)
  • RSS feed generation at export
  • Blog post template that will update the layout for all blog posts

Volt CMS!
And support from @Jannis is first class.

3 Likes

I second that! Volt CMS, it’s well worth the price.

4 Likes

I moved to Blocs to get away from a CMS for security and speed reasons. I think it’d be nice to have some extra blogging features built in for users that don’t need a full CMS. Something to get Blocs to work more like 11ty does but have the UI and simplicity of Blocs.

I’m pretty sure that a lot of people are using Volt CMS and have no security or speed issues. Just have a look at the web page and decide yourself.

3 Likes

Surely it requires some form of backend work for the magic to happen?

Volt is using the necessary nuts & bolts for this to happen and much more secure than WP.

Oh and volt is lightning fast too.

Other then manually doing what you need, then Volt is perfect.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, mr @Eldar has an excellent video (or full course) on blogging with Blocs, also addressing pros and cons of using plain Blocs vs VoltCMS. :sweat_smile:

Also might want to checkout this topic:

(But maybe Blocs also could benefit from a couple of features built in, too. I don’t remember if Rapidweaver’s blog/posts module were builtin, or an addon …)

2 Likes

Something like that would be cool

4 Likes

iWeb was just brilliant. I remember building a few small sites with it for 2 business ventures I went into and I loved it…I just worked!!!

I remember adding images and phoning friends to check on there laptops if it had worked!!!

1 Like

I’ve started using Ghost as my blogging platform now. I have it set up in a subdirectory, so it is located at wxcyber.com/blog/. I still use Blocs for the rest of my site. It’s not the prettiest shift from Eldar’s sidebar template to the Ghost template Casper but it works, and it’s made publishing content so much easier for me.

1 Like

IIRC I used iWeb and then moved to RapidWeaver when iWeb was discontinued. After that I’ve been using many different CMS’es and blogging systems. :slight_smile: And I’ve also been using static page generators and flat file CMSes. Using Blocs and VoltCMS for my own site. Curious to see if I’ll be able to get customers onto this. :smiley:

1 Like

Just a quick follow up in support of Volt CMS here.
I’ve just finished a site which has Volt CMS on every page, and on 2 pages I’m using a the blog functionality for upcoming events. It works well.
A couple of days ago I met the client to give her a runthrough of how to use Volt. She’s 87, a bit of a technophobe, couldn’t really get the idea of how to login to start with, but in 90 minutes with a bit of patience she was better than me at it! Zooming around the page doing her stuff with no problems.

I think that shows what a well thought out and intuitive product Volt CMS is.

3 Likes

This is great to hear!

Don’t forget you are getting 15% discount with the free blogging course from @Eldar:

3 Likes